#CQ Mode

JoAnn Donaldson <joannplano2005@...>

I can set TX6 to say CQ MO-KS-LA AB8YZ EM12 but when it transmits is says <....> AB8YZ.

JoAnn
AB8YZ

Bill Somerville

On 09/05/2021 23:51, JoAnn Donaldson via groups.io wrote:
I can set TX6 to say CQ MO-KS-LA AB8YZ EM12 but when it transmits is says <....> AB8YZ.

JoAnn
AB8YZ
Hi JoAnn,

the standard message formats of WSJT-X 77-bit payload modes like MSK144, FT8, FT4, and FST4 allow for a one to four letter word to be inserted between a CQ and your callsign. The '-' character is not a letter.

Karza

On 10.5.2021 1.51, JoAnn Donaldson via groups.io wrote:
I can set TX6 to say CQ MO-KS-LA AB8YZ EM12 but when it transmits is says <....> AB8YZ.

JoAnn,

your message doies not confotm to the WSJT-X protocol specification.

I assume you want to send an directed call to MO, KS or LA areas?

Unfortunately you can not do it like that, you can only send 1 to 4 characters after your CQ, such as "CQ MO", "CQ QRP", "CQ TEST" etc.

No hyphens, spaces or other punctuation characters are allowed.

See https://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/wsjtx-doc/wsjtx-main-2.3.1.html#PROTOCOLS

73's de Kari, oh2gqc

JoAnn Donaldson <joannplano2005@...>

Kari, oh2gqc

In that case, it should stop after the 7th character (CQ TEST). This is a bug and should be an easy fix.

JoAnn
AB8YZ

On 11.5.2021 3.23, JoAnn Donaldson via groups.io wrote:

In that case, it should stop after the 7th character (CQ TEST). This is a bug and should be an easy fix.

it's not a bug. Please note that JT-protocols use sophisticated algorithms to compress QSO data. Data is not sent character by character as in RTTY or PSK, for example.

( See this https://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/k1jt/FT4_FT8_QEX.pdf for details )

So, you can set TX6 to something like "CQ MO AB8YZ EM12", "CQ KSMO AB8YZ EM12",  "CQ DX AB8YZ EM12", "CQ YLCA AB8YZ EM12",  "CQ TEST AB8YZ EM12"  or the like, as long as the 'extra' text is  at most 4 characters. long.

73's de Kari , oh2gqc