locked Loss of QSO data when logging previous QSO. #logging #IssueReport

I have had the following scenario a couple of times. When I am completing a QSO, I send RR73 and wait for the QSO partner to either repeat his report, send 73 or send nothing before logging the QSO. If I am called by another station, I double click on that to start the QSO. I then log the first QSO. When I log it the DX Call and DX Grid of the second station are removed and the auto-sequencing stops.

Is there a way to stop the act of logging from removing the details OF A NEW QSO.
--
73 Phil GM3ZZA

Bill Somerville

On 07/05/2021 15:31, Philip Rose via groups.io wrote:
I have had the following scenario a couple of times. When I am completing a QSO, I send RR73 and wait for the QSO partner to either repeat his report, send 73 or send nothing before logging the QSO. If I am called by another station, I double click on that to start the QSO. I then log the first QSO. When I log it the DX Call and DX Grid of the second station are removed and the auto-sequencing stops.

Is there a way to stop the act of logging from removing the details OF A NEW QSO.
-- 73 Phil GM3ZZA
Hi Phil,

"Settings->Reporting->Clead DX call and grid after logging" controls that behaviour. OTOH you can always double-click the message from the second caller again to restart the sequencing with correct details.

Thanks Bill, I doubled clicked the partner’s report and that doesn’t populate the DX Grid. I have a personal problem that I can’t always double-click fast enough.

73 Phil GM3ZZA

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

On 07/05/2021 15:31, Philip Rose via groups.io wrote:

> I have had the following scenario a couple of times. When I am completing a QSO, I send RR73 and wait for the QSO partner to either repeat his report, send 73 or send nothing before logging the QSO. If I am called by another station, I double click on that to start the QSO. I then log the first QSO. When I log it the DX Call and DX Grid of the second station are removed and the auto-sequencing stops.

> Is there a way to stop the act of logging from removing the details OF A NEW QSO.

> -- 73 Phil GM3ZZA

Hi Phil,

"Settings->Reporting->Clead DX call and grid after logging" controls

that behaviour. OTOH you can always double-click the message from the

second caller again to restart the sequencing with correct details.

73 Phil GM3ZZA

Thanks Bill,

Unfortunately that now confuses my logging software into still thinking I’m in QSO with it and continues to mark the station as the DX Location in DxAtlas. I shall have to get used to the “clear Dx Call..” behaviour on the odd occasion I’m tail-ended by another station. I nearly managed to do it this afternoon, but lost the Dx Grid when I double-clicked the R-xx to resend my RR73. I noticed I lost the report sent before clicking log, but didn’t see the grid wasn’t there.

73 Phil.