73, Reino OH3mA

Lähettäjä: main@WSJTX.groups.io [mailto:main@WSJTX.groups.io] Puolesta David - AK2L
Lähetetty: 06 May 2021 18:17
Vastaanottaja: main@WSJTX.groups.io
Aihe: [WSJTX] Copy And Paste Not Working #general

WSJT-X v2.3.1, FT8, FT4, Windows-10 Pro

Paste (as in copy-and-paste) does not work for me in the DX call window.
Should it?
From a DX cluster program, I sometimes copy a call sign to the clipboard but I cannot paste it into the DX call field.

David - AK2L

Hi Reino,
Thanks for responding.  To answer your question... Yes, I can paste into Notepad just fine.
I think I see the problem.  Perhaps you can test this to see if you get the same behavior.
If I select a call sign with an extra space such as "3D2ZK ", copy it to the clipboard, and then try to paste it into WSJT-X, it fails to paste.
If instead I select a call sign with no extra spaces such as "3D2ZK", it seems to work.
Perhaps the clipboard handler in WSJT-X could be more forgiving by trimming whitespace off of the text rather than rejecting it completely.
AK2L, David