moving pc's #general

Jerry

I'm moving to a new pc. What files do I need to copy to the new PC to maintain my configuration and data ?

Jerry
KB2GCG

Bill Somerville

On 04/05/2021 19:35, Jerry wrote:
I'm moving to a new pc. What files do I need to copy to the new PC to maintain my configuration and data ?

Jerry
KB2GCG
Hi Jerry,

you need to copy your log files, wsjtx_log.adi and wsjtx.log. The ALL.TXT file is also handy to keep as a record. if you use WSPR then WSPR_ALL.TXT may be useful.

If you are keeping any saved .WAV files then copying your saved .WAV files directory and contents should be considered.

Your settings are in the file WSJT-X.ini, you don't say what platform you are using, the locations are documented in the WSJT-X User Guide https://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/k1jt/wsjtx-doc/wsjtx-main-2.3.1.html#_file_locations . Note that moving the settings to another system will require a couple of minor changes to saved file paths, both are on the "Settings->Audio" panel, adjust them to suitable locations if your user name has changed, or if you have switched to a different platform.

Do not copy across any file with "wisdom" in it's name, they are specific to your CPU and will be recreated automatically when you first start WSJT-X on a new machine.

Jerry

Thanks Bill,
going from and to a Windows 10 machine.

Jerry
KB2GCG

- "Defeat lasts one day, giving up lasts a lifetime."