#QRA64 Unfair Symbol Allocation #qra64

Andy TALBOT

I've been reading though a paper on QRA codes and  QRA64 design by Nico Palermo and can just about make sense of the encoding process, but there's one aspect I can't get the rationale behind - it just seems totally illogical.

Why are there different repetition factors for the input symbols?  It just seems unfair, some are treated more favourably than others.   It's discriminatory :-)  Some symbols are treated better than others :-)

Hoping that Q65, when it's details are published, isn't widely different in concept to QRA64 and this study isn't a wasted effort.