Decode Button Grayed Out for WSPR and Also FST4W in wsjt-x 2.4.0 rc4 #install #WSPR

Alberto Vazquez

Hi
I am not able to decode Wspr and FST4W because "Decode" button is greyed out (=disable) and it is not posible to bring it into life.........
I DO see signals in the waterfall but nothing happend, I have reinstall several times 2.4.0 with no luck at all.
I am running win7 at 3Ghz and 8gb of ram..........and trying at 17m band.... frequency is ok, mode ok
I haven`t found anything in this list that let me find a solution.ç

By the way WSPR old software decode perfectly wspr signals.......... (same computer, same receiver, ....same all)

Al
CX8AT

Bill Somerville

On 10/04/2021 23:56, Alberto Vazquez wrote:
Hi
I am not able to decode Wspr and FST4W because "Decode" button is greyed out (=disable) and it is not posible to bring it into life.........
I DO see signals in the waterfall but nothing happend, I have reinstall several times 2.4.0 with no luck at all.
I am running win7 at 3Ghz and 8gb of ram..........and trying at 17m band.... frequency is ok, mode ok
I haven`t found anything in this list that let me find a solution.ç

By the way WSPR old software decode perfectly wspr signals.......... (same computer, same receiver, ....same all)

Al
CX8AT
Hi Al,

decoding is automatic at the end of each reception period. How are you ensuring your PC clock is sufficiently well synchronized to UTC?

Alberto Vazquez

Hi Bill

Yes, I am using D4 as synchronizer, as I remember once the period is finished the "decode" button turns on for a couple of senconds and then off again to the end of next period. Using donwloaded Wspr samples it works, decode gets green. But it doesn't happen in real time. I will try a differernt time synchronizer software....

Al
CX8AT