Question about initiating contacts with WSJTX #FT8 #install

w1av

Hello all, when I am using WSJTX doing FT8 and I see a station I want to contact, when I double click on that contact (in the LEFT pane of stations calling CQ) is that double click supposed to ADD that station to the RIGHT pane and initiate transmit? Right now I have to manually click "enable transmit" in order to make contact. So what I do is double click on the station I want to contact, it moves the station to the right pane, then I have to click "enable transmit" to start the dialog. Is this the way it works? I have made TONS of FT8 contacts but I wonder if I have a setting wrong somewhere. I remember reading somewhere that the double click automatically chooses station you click on, then radio goes into transmit.

Charles Suckling

Try checking 'double-click on call sets TX enable' in behavior group on Settings->General

Charlie G3WDG

On Fri, 9 Apr 2021 at 15:39, w1av via groups.io <bobruzzo=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:
Hello all, when I am using WSJTX doing FT8 and I see a station I want to contact, when I double click on that contact (in the LEFT pane of stations calling CQ) is that double click supposed to ADD that station to the RIGHT pane and initiate transmit? Right now I have to manually click "enable transmit" in order to make contact. So what I do is double click on the station I want to contact, it moves the station to the right pane, then I have to click "enable transmit" to start the dialog. Is this the way it works? I have made TONS of FT8 contacts but I wonder if I have a setting wrong somewhere. I remember reading somewhere that the double click automatically chooses station you click on, then radio goes into transmit.

w1av

Yep....thats what it was!!!!!