SignaLink stays stuck in PTT #AudioIssues #signalink #transmit

Sarah Dickey

Equipment: FT-890 with Signalink, Windows10. NOT using CAT control.
Greetings: I'm setting up my own rig to do FT-8 using WSJT-X. Initial QSOs confirmed set up was generally operating correctly.  Signalink was turning radio Tx on and off at 15 second intervals as expected to respond to CQs.  This afternoon I worked on trying to make sure all the computer audio settings and Signalink Tx/Rx knob settings were optimized. Now I'm finding now that the Signalink is not turning off PTT as it should after 15 seconds. Instead PTT remains on and radio continues to transmit until I manually either turn the Signalink or radio power off.

I'm baffled. I've used club equipment for digital comms for a couple of years but getting my own equipment to work together is a new challenge for me. Any trouble-shooting suggestions would be most appreciated!  73, Sarah, N6OPE

Joel

Sarah

It’s been a while since I’ve setup my SignaLink but it is likely a calibration issue. There are instructions as to how to set up your sound settings on the Tigertronic’s webpage but just off the top of my head...

TX and RX dials should be @ 12 position
Delay should be turned completely off
Look in the windows sound settings / Sound Control Panel under the Playback tab
Find the USB audio codec for the signaLink (you might have to turn the unit on and off to see which one it is if you have multiple codecs). Double click it - here you can re-label it if you want to, mine now says Speakers SignaLink. Open the levels tab and reduce to output level until PTT cycles off (mine is at 65). If you have an ALC meter it should be barely flickering or just below the lowest level it flickers at. Also VOX should not be turned on in the radio.

On my ICOM the SignaLink goes into the ACC port and I had to change the menu setting from DATA MOD USB to DATA MOD ACC. Not certain if Yaesu has a similar setup. As you had it working earlier I would start by checking your sound level.

Good luck

Joel
AC8WS