locked Help with the settings for IC 7300 and WSJTX #FT8

w1av

OK I have 2 computers, a DELL and an HP. I had WSJTX working GREAT on the DELL.....make a ton of contacts on FT8. When I got up today, before turning anything on I switched to the HP computer cause its faster with an SSD and 32 GB ram. And its really the MAIN computer I use. So when I  booted into Windows (10) I turned on power supply, then the 7300. I opened WSJTX only to find this stupid error. For the life of me I just couldnt get anything to work. Here are the errors...Is there ANY WAY I can get STEP BY STEP proper settings for running FT* on my IC 7300? I looked at many websites/videos and they are all showing different settings under MENU>SET>CONNECTORS>CI-V.....plus maybe a couple more settings in the menu. I am sure I have all the right things set in the SETTINGS of WSJTX. But there are still a couiple of settings that others have differently. I just need to know the correct settings for the WSJTX software and the IC 7300 for running FT8. Like I said it was working FB on my DELL computer last night. When I switched computers I couldnt get it to work, as you can see in the attached pictures. After reading manuals, going online etc I still cant find EXACT settings. I ended up switching back to DELL computer where I also ran into SAME ISSUE!!!! So I did a TOTAL RESET on the IC 7300 and apparently that helped because its working again. But WHY the unstable issues? Maybe someone can look at the errors and see what I need to fix. Thanks!

Bill Somerville

On 03/04/2021 17:29, w1av via groups.io wrote:
[...]
OM,

have you installed the Windows device drivers for the virtual COM port(s) of the rig?

w1av

Do you mean the ICOM USB (CD-301501-004) driver that is on the Icom website for the IC 7300? Yes installed that.

Bill Somerville

On 03/04/2021 19:04, w1av via groups.io wrote:
Do you mean the ICOM USB (CD-301501-004) driver that is on the Icom website for the IC 7300? Yes installed that.
OM,

yes that. Do you have the correct COM port number selected in WSJT-X, and is that COM port free, ie. not being used by any other application?

Joel

I presume that you downloaded and installed the ICOM USB drivers on the HP before connecting it to the 7300.

1. Make certain the Dell is turned off or at least not connected in any way to the 7300.
2. Check and see what COM port the HP assigned to your 7300 USB connection it might not be the same as the Dell. If it is a different COM port, update your Hamlib configuration.
3. CV-I for the 7300 is 94 - that does not change.
4. DATA MOD should be USB
5. Set the COM port speed on the HP WSJTX to match the 7300 setting (or try auto on the 7300 if #2 does not fix it.

Hope this helps
Joel
AC8WS

On Apr 3, 2021, at 1:15 PM, w1av via groups.io <bobruzzo@...> wrote:

[...]
<hamlib error.PNG>
<error 2.PNG>

w1av

Thanks Joel
I was able to get my HP computer back up and running with WSJTX and my rig. Made a TON of contacts on 40 meters this afternoon. While looking at different youtube videos and help files I found a lot of discrepancies on what settings should be made mostly in the radio. Some people with the same software (WSJTX) and same radio (IC 7300) set their radio a little different. So I am learning as I go still making small tweaks. Thanks for your help. Bob W1AV

w1av

Yes com port assigned for my HP computer is com13. I did a reset on radio and that fixed things. I guess some of the suggestions online and on youtube as to how to set your ci-v functions are not good. There are so many people suggesting different settings. I must have set something wrong but it's fixed now. I might take screen shots of all my settings on radio for future reference.