locked Q65 & LOTW #Q65

Jim Moss

Edited

Apparently as of 2021-03-23, LOTW currently does not recognize Q65 as a mode.
3 Q65 QSO's I submitted were not entered. (other modes in the file were accepted).
They are detected as "invalid MODE" by the TQSL uploading program and not uploaded.
Be sure to re-enter Q65 QSOs when this is updated.
Jim
N9JIM

Jim - N4ST

You could always enter them as DATA.

That’s all DXCC will count them as anyway.

When the ADIF makes the mode/submode designation official I will resubmit.

__________

73,

Jim – N4ST

Apparently as of 2021-03-23, LOTW currently does not recognize Q65 as a mode.
3 Q65 QSO's I submitted were not entered. (other modes in the file were accepted).
Be sure to re-enter Q65 QSOs when this is updated.
Jim
N9JIM

neil_zampella

It will take the ADIF committee to vote and approve any changes,  the TQSL program will need to have a configuration file update, and the LoTW system will need to be updated with any new modes approved.

Just like when FT8 was first released, if you want instant gratification, you'll have to load as mode DATA.  I'd wait until all the approvals and updates are done :)

Neil, KN3ILZ

On 3/27/2021 12:28 PM, Jim Moss wrote:
Apparently as of 2021-03-23, LOTW currently does not recognize Q65 as a mode.
3 Q65 QSO's I submitted were not entered. (other modes in the file were accepted).
Be sure to re-enter Q65 QSOs when this is updated.
Jim
N9JIM

ve4cy

FWIW, if you use the TQSL program to upload your .adif files to LoTW, you can have it convert your Q65 contacts to DATA on the fly.

In the TQSL program, click on 'File' in the top bar..  Then choose 'Display or Modify Preferences'.

Now click on the ADIF Modes tab.  There you can map Q65 mode to DATA mode.  After that, when you upload using TQSL, it will change all your Q65 contacts to DATA as they are uploaded so they won't be rejected.   The .adif file on your computer will remain unchanged so all your Q65 contacts will still show as Q65 contacts.

73 de Jim VE4CY

Apparently as of 2021-03-23, LOTW currently does not recognize Q65 as a mode.
3 Q65 QSO's I submitted were not entered. (other modes in the file were accepted).
Be sure to re-enter Q65 QSOs when this is updated.
Jim
N9JIM

Mike Phipps <qrz@...>

For what it’s worth, I saw somewhere (maybe here on this list) that you could use the mode MFSK and the submode Q65. Has anyone here done that yet? I have a few Q65 QSOs from when I was testing on 2m a few weeks ago, and I’d like to get those into the system, but if I can avoid using the generic DATA mode, that would be good.

Mike K8WU

On Mar 28, 2021, at 10:02 AM, ve4cy <jwt@...> wrote:

[...]

Shouldn’t WSJT-X be logging these as mode MFSK, submode Q65 as that has been agreed in principle between K1JT, LotW and the ADIF committee. It just needs to be ratified, and  the spec published.

73 Phil.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

--
73 Phil GM3ZZA

neil_zampella

You can add it to your local logger, even to some 'online' logs, but until the ADIF committee meets, its not official, and LoTW will not accept it.

Neil, KN3ILZ

On 3/28/2021 9:03 AM, Mike Phipps wrote:
[...]

Q65 is a new submode of an existing mode. LotW should therefore accept it. Your ADIF file should have MODE=MFSK and SUBMODE=Q65. If it had MODE=Q65 contact your log provider.

73 Phil GM3ZZA

On 28 Mar 2021 20:06, neil_zampella <neilz@...> wrote:

[...]

LoTW will not accept the submode until its been approved.    They did the same with FT4 even though it was also a submode of MFSK.    TQSL will need to have a configuration update in order to upload the contact as Q65, you can add a 'conversion' so any contacts you have logged as Q65 will be uploaded as DATA.   Otherwise they will be rejected with an error, as did those FT4 QSOs that were uploaded before the ADIF committee approved them and LoTW updated for the submode.

Neil, KN3ILZ

On 3/28/2021 2:36 PM, Philip Rose via groups.io wrote:
[...]

Jim Brown

On 3/28/2021 1:21 PM, neil_zampella wrote:
LoTW will not accept the submode until its been approved.    They did the same with FT4 even though it was also a submode of MFSK.    TQSL will need to have a configuration update in order to upload the contact as Q65, you can add a 'conversion' so any contacts you have logged as Q65 will be uploaded as DATA. Otherwise they will be rejected with an error, as did those FT4 QSOs that were uploaded before the ADIF committee approved them and LoTW updated for the submode.
The obvious solution is to delay uploading your log with Q65 QSOs until that happens. The only downside is that ALL of your QSO partners will have to wait for that to happen. No biggie -- MANY hams only upload a few times a year.

73, Jim K9YC

K0GU

Edited

He is my simple solution. A DATA QSO is a DATA QSO.and will match any other DATA mode QSO.