locked WSPR receiving bandwidth adjustment? #WSPR

Bruce KX4AZ

Now and then I see a poor little WSPR signal coming in just outside of the 1400-1600 Hz standard bandwidth, so it won't be decoded as far as I understand.  Wondering if there is any kind of setting in WSJTx that would allow me to pad the upper/lower audio edges, say to add an extra 20 Hz on each end?

Of course I could simply shift the entire slot up/down by changing my receiver frequency, but then I would be chopping signals at one of the ends.

Bill Somerville

On 26/03/2021 18:09, Bruce KX4AZ wrote:
Now and then I see a poor little WSPR signal coming in just outside of the 1400-1600 Hz standard bandwidth, so it won't be decoded as far as I understand.  Wondering if there is any kind of setting in WSJTx that would allow me to pad the upper/lower audio edges, say to add an extra 20 Hz on each end?

Of course I could simply shift the entire slot up/down by changing my receiver frequency, but then I would be chopping signals at one of the ends.
Hi Bruce,

are you sure it is WSPR? FST4W signals can often be found near the WSPR sub-bands.

Bruce KX4AZ

On Fri, Mar 26, 2021 at 04:34 PM, Bill Somerville wrote:
...are you sure it is WSPR? FST4W signals can often be found near the WSPR
sub-bands.

Bill,
I guess I should experiment by shifting the receiver frequency slightly.  They are so close to the WSPR band and with the same width and duration, so I had assumed they were WSPR.
Bruce KX4AZ

Jim Brown

On 3/30/2021 10:45 AM, Bruce KX4AZ wrote:
I guess I should experiment by shifting the receiver frequency slightly.  They are so close to the WSPR band and with the same width and duration, so I had assumed they were WSPR.
Better to switch to FST4W, which is superior to WSPR, and which the developers intend to replace it. Same problem with FST4 on 160M -- sure wish it would replace FT8.

73, Jim K9YC