locked Conflicts with KA6LMS Stations #FT8

John KC4LZN

Edited

I worked KA6LMS/2 this morning on 80. Then KA6LMS/VE7 came on. I tried calling them and the /2 kept answering. If I addressed the /VE7 in my calling, why would the /2 pick up? Is this a bug in the software when it comes to the stroke calls? Screenshot attached.

John
KC4LZN

Kermit Lehman

There are problems with these KA6LMS stations using different portable indicators.  The WSJT-S program apparently only pay attention to the KA6LMS part of the call and therefore mixes up calls when several are operating on the same band at the same time.

Be especially careful when logging the QSO (on the 73 or RR73).  You may inadvertently log another station.  Yesterday I saw several stations I worked log me as <KA6LMS/5> when I was <KA6LMS/1>.  Both of us were on 20m FT8 at the time.

73,
Ken, AB1J

I worked KA6LMS/2 this morning on 80. Then KA6LMS/VE7 came on. I tried calling them and the /2 kept answering. If I addressed the /VE7 in my calling, why would the /2 pick up? Is this a bug in the software when it comes to the stroke calls? Screenshot attached.

John
KC4LZN

John KC4LZN

Thanks Ken.

I may have to stick to sideband and CW then.

73

John
KC4LZN

On Fri, Mar 26, 2021, 11:39 <ktfrog007@...> wrote:
[...]

Bill Somerville

Hi John and Ken,

I can confirm there is a defect. At the K6LMS end they will see messages sending reports to their other operations, with the same base callsign, highlighted with a red background, it would seem they are double-clicking them and responding which is understandable. Hopefully they will realize the issue and take care to check the messages they double-click are really for them.

73
bill
G4WJS.

On 26/03/2021 15:39, Kermit Lehman via groups.io wrote:
[...]

Thanks Bill.

They may want to uncheck the Call 1st box.

73

John
KC4LZN

On Fri, Mar 26, 2021, 11:51 Bill Somerville <g4wjs@...> wrote:
[...]

yes that would certainly cause issues if one of the K6LMS stations is calling CQ on the same band at the same time as another is working stations.

On 26/03/2021 16:02, John KC4LZN wrote:
[...]

Paul Braun

Good morning.

I'm on the KA6LMS team. I just shared the comments with them. I'm not one who's using FT8, but hopefully the ones who are can sort it out on our end.

Thanks for the heads-up.

--
Paul Braun WD9GCO
Amateur Radio Newsline Anchor

"Never follow anyone. Be your own hero." -- Neil Peart

Bill Somerville

Hi Paul,

that's great, please apologize for the issue, they should be able to work around it with a little care. Have a great w/e with the LMS op.