No Tx audio after inactivity. #AudioIssues

Pete Singleton

I disabled USB power management and all was ok.  After a Win10 overnight upgrade WSJT-X started not to send Tx audio after inactivity, maybe after 10 mins. Exit and reload starts the audio again.  I have re-checked USB power management - all disabled.

I'm also getting the 'no Tx audio after band change' problem - new in v2.3.0

I hate Win 10.

73 de M0PTB

Pete Singleton

Update: I discovered that the 'CP210x USB to UART Bridge' had 'Allow power management' turned on.  Unticked the box and Tx audio stays alive during inactivity.

I don't understand how a minor bit of software can drain power.

I'm still getting the 'no Tx audio after band change' problem - new in v2.3.0

I REALLY, REALLY hate Win10.

73 de M0PTB
PeteS

It’s not the software, it’s the USB hardware that consumes power, regardless of whether it is active. Current laptops try and remove every single “unnecessary” use of power.

73 Phil.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

--
73 Phil GM3ZZA

Pete Singleton

Hi Phil,
I understand the USB port may need 'power management'.  I'd already turned that off.  This is about the driver software that uses the port.  Why does that ALSO need power management?

73 PeteS