moderated #txaudio How accurate does the tone separation have to be? #txaudio

HF

I'm scheming a way to transmit WSPR on UHF using inexpensive equipment.  I'll be able to get the frequency sufficiently stable.  But I won't be able to hit 1.4648 Hz tone spacing exactly.  How close do I have to be?  For example, will a transmission with 1.50 tone spacing decode in WSJT-X?  1.60 Hz?  What if the first offset is 1.500 Hz and the next offset is 1.600?  Is it more important that the offsets be the same as each other, or that they all be close to 1.4648 Hz?
Cheers,
-Halden VE7UTS