moderated #install #WSJTX_config #WSJTX_config #install

Tony Castelli

Good Day Folks,
I am a newborn noob to the new protocols. I am trying to set my station up to enjoy the amenities of the WSJT software. I have attached a screenshot to have a jumping in point. The warning says my radio isn't configured right. The only thing that isn't adjustable is the PTT. I don't use VOX or any of the other items to choose from, I actually push a button! The other error that I receive is regarding my audio. I don't have a choice except the card that came with this PC.
I am trying to run this program on an HP Slim Desktop 260-a010. 1 TB hard drive 4GB DDR3L memory. My radio is a Yaesu FT 857D and my interface is a U5 Link for Yaesu. I was able to use the radio and interface for PSK31 without a problem. Also, is there a way to change the appearance of the Wide Graph; it looks odd.
The screenshot file might be large due to the way I learned to do it. Any suggestions how I can make them less dense?
Please help me solve the issues as I really want to QSO. Thanks

73!

Bill Somerville

On 22/03/2021 16:29, A. J. Castelli wrote:
[...]

OM,

that interface has a USB to serial port adapter and a pair of audio isolation transformers. So for audio you will need to connect to your PC soundcard, or preferably an external USB soundcard so that you do not have to shard your PC soundcard between your rig and other audio applications. For the CAT control side, ensure your rig is in VFO mode rather than memory of HOME mode, also ensure that rig's serial connection is in CAT mode rather than ATU mode (in the rig's menu).

If that doesn't get you going then let us know please?

Tony Castelli

Thanks for the reply, Bill. I was able to rectify "most" of the issues, but one still has me stymied: no audio! I set the interface up as directed by the manufacturer, but there is no audio. I can hear traffic on 20M, but nothing in the waterfall. The CAT and PTT tests are okay.

A. J. Castelli
KJ4JOA
General Class Operator
AEMT