locked WSJT-X v2.4.0 rc3 #BugReport Tune Function/Hopping QSY (WSPR-2) #IssueReport

Bob K4RCG

When "hopping" in WSPR-2, TUNE (in hopping "Schedule") does not always TX upon band change.  Sometimes it does, and sometimes it does not.  Desired state would be to have the TUNE function always TX upon hop/QSY to new band to ensure ATU engages and thus results in optimal RX condtion on the new band.  I've seen this behavior in previous GA and rc.

73 de Bob
K4RCG

Bill Somerville

On 16/03/2021 21:26, Bob wrote:
When "hopping" in WSPR-2, TUNE (in hopping "Schedule") does not always TX upon band change.  Sometimes it does, and sometimes it does not. Desired state would be to have the TUNE function always TX upon hop/QSY to new band to ensure ATU engages and thus results in optimal RX condtion on the new band.  I've seen this behavior in previous GA and rc.

73 de Bob
K4RCG
Hi Bob,

WSJT-X only transmits on bands scheduled for transmit. It does that on the assumption that you may not be licensed to transmit on bands not set to Tx in the schedule.

Bob K4RCG

Tnx Bill....it sure would be nice if it would TUNE (for the RF-sensed auto ATU) on every band hop UNLESS "RX ONLY" was ticked.  When using multiband antenna with auto ATU, the TUNE burst would be great to "tune" the antenna if the next-up cycle is RX.  In my case, my antenna system uses auto ATUs at the feedpoint.

73
Bob K4RCG