moderated No modulation on transmit? #txaudio #transmit

Steve marsh (M0NMA)

I left my WSJT-X running on 40m WSPR overnight. Sometime after 2am, I stopped getting spots for my transmissions, but I was still reporting hearing other stations as normal.

Checking the program, I could see that the TX cycle had been running all through the night, but when I observed the program (2.4.0) in transmit mode whilst the IC-7300 keyed up, there was no power output or modulation.

I checked the microphone and speaker settings in WSJT-X and they were both correctly set to the USB codec. The settings in Windows Sound also looked correct (I have WSJT-X set up as the communications device),

Exiting WSJT-X and starting it again fixed the problem, but I am none the wiser as to why this happened, particularly as it had been working fine for 6 hours prior to that.

I am running 1W so don't believe RF is the problem.
I checked the windows update - nothing was installed last night.

Any ideas?

Steve

Carlos

Hi Steve ,

It looks like, that I have a similar Problem.
Once after turn on the raspi and starting wsjtx with MSK144 and starting transmitting (Enable TX) the Transceiver is Set to TX but no sound is modulated.
When I check the Problem I press (Halt TX), then the (Tune ) Button, the Transceiver sends with Sound, then press (Enable TX) and all works as it should...

73, Karl OE3JAG
Am 11.03.21, 14:32 schrieb "Steve marsh (M0NMA)" <m0nma@...>:

[...]

Carl Middlekauff <cmiddlekauff@...>

Steve  I am having the same problem with a ft991 it keys the tx but no output.  It has been going on for a couple of weeks not with no Ideas.

Carl  K7ZYV

On Thursday, March 11, 2021, 07:32:19 AM CST, Steve marsh (M0NMA) <m0nma@...> wrote:

[...]

groups.io@...

I get similar if I leave the pc and the screen saver kicks in. That might be coincidental timewise, but I clear it with closing wsjtx and opening it again. I have the usb ports set to not power down to save power.

I run a copy for vhf and one for hf and the same happens to both, i.e. if one needs rebooting, then so does the other.

Andy_501

I have had that happen with IC-7300 sometimes and found switching between USB and USB-Data or USBPKT modes made the difference

On 2021-03-11 14:30, Carl Middlekauff via groups.io wrote:
[...]

Jim - N4ST

Changing configurations will also wake up mine, which makes me suspect the software and not the rig (K3S here).

But it does seem to only occur when the PC has gone to sleep/screen save, but not logged off.

___________

73,

Jim – N4ST

On 2021-03-11 14:30, Carl Middlekauff via groups.io wrote:

[...]

Robert Lorenzini

I see it every time I change bands which is often.

Bob - wd6dod

On 2021-03-11 14:30, Carl Middlekauff via groups.io wrote:

[...]

Bob G8HGN

Hi Jim,

I had this problem a while ago, it seems to be linked to the monitor going to sleep. I changed my settinsg to stop the monitor sleeping and haven't had another instance of this. That's over 18 months now.

This is all in the group messages, but may be difficult to find. It is a function of HDMI in some monitors.

HTH 73 Bob G8HGN

On 2021-03-11 14:30, Carl Middlekauff via groups.io wrote:

[...]

from time to time I have the same appereance when "Enable TX".
and I have no PC, I use raspberry.
So the software could be in suspicion ???
73, Karl OE3JAG

On 2021-03-11 14:30, Carl Middlekauff via groups.io wrote:

[...]

Further update, this only occurs if I select tune  before Tx. As I use an autotuner
on 160 - 6 this happens on every band change.

dod