moderated IC-7300 rf output only on WSJT-X Tune #AudioIssues

Roy VE7DH

HI all,

Further to the earlier discussion, of late my IC-7300 has only been putting out rf when I use the Tune button.

When I Enable TX, the radio will go into TX mode at the next cycle  but there is no audio to the radio, therefore no rf out.

After reading the previous  discussion, I tried hitting the Tune button, whereby I got rf output, and then using Halt TX to stop the tune function. Then I enabled TX in WSJT-X and when the next transmit cycle came around the radio did indeed go into transmit and also produce rf..

This behaviour has been going on for awhile. I even upgraded from 2.3.0 to the latest RC2 but the behaviour persisted. I tried band hopping and after going through the Tune/Halt/Enable procedure it does also work.

So, I hope this helps, Bill.

regards, Roy

Steve marsh (M0NMA)

Bill

This sounds like it may be the same as my problem which I posted on about the same time as you did - I'll try Tune / Halt TX / Enable TX when it happens next to see if that restarts it (I exited and then started WSJT-X to restart the TX of RF).

Steve

Steve marsh (M0NMA)

It happened again to me just now - yes, selecting Halt TX and then Enabling TX fixes the issue. As that was all I did it sounds like a WSJT-X bug, or something in Windows is breaking the audio link.

Steve

Reino Talarmo

Hi Steve and Bill,

I have a faint feeling that wsjt-x has somehow lost access to codec. There could be also a possibility to regain access by having two or more Configurations and try change at that situation configuration to another and back to the failing one. Another even less demanding test could be in Audio sheet change codec to another device and back.

Just my 6pence.

73, Reino OH3mA