moderated SJTX] WSJT-X 2.3.0 and 2.4.0-rc2 #install

Andrea Tommasi

Hello,
I have installed 2.3.0, but back to 2.2.2, and for test 2.4.0rc2.
In both installations in second tab I don't see the standard 6 button and free message box, but the image as follow

Why ?

73 TU
IK4IDP
Andrea

Reino Talarmo

Andrea,

Tab 2 is removed as obsolete and Tab 1 provides the same functions and more. Tx5 is the free text message.

The Tab 2 is now earlier Tab 3 used in Fox operation.

The current User Guide is a bit outdated on that respect.

73, Reino OH3mA

I have installed 2.3.0, but back to 2.2.2, and for test 2.4.0rc2.
In both installations in second tab I don't see the standard 6 button and free message box, but the image as follow

Why ?

73 TU
IK4IDP
Andrea

Andrea Tommasi

Ok, i ask this because the online guide show tab2 like older.

Thanks
Ik4idp
Andrea

Il 8 mar 2021 19:41, Reino Talarmo <reino.talarmo@...> ha scritto:

Andrea,

Tab 2 is removed as obsolete and Tab 1 provides the same functions and more. Tx5 is the free text message.

The Tab 2 is now earlier Tab 3 used in Fox operation.

The current User Guide is a bit outdated on that respect.

73, Reino OH3mA

I have installed 2.3.0, but back to 2.2.2, and for test 2.4.0rc2.
In both installations in second tab I don't see the standard 6 button and free message box, but the image as follow

Why ?

73 TU
IK4IDP
Andrea

neil_zampella

The guide is being updated for the next general release which will be 2.3.1.

Neil, KN3ILZ

On 3/8/2021 1:07 PM, Andrea Tommasi wrote:
Ok, i ask this because the online guide show tab2 like older.

Thanks
Ik4idp
Andrea

Il 8 mar 2021 19:41, Reino Talarmo <reino.talarmo@...> ha scritto:

Andrea,

Tab 2 is removed as obsolete and Tab 1 provides the same functions and more. Tx5 is the free text message.

The Tab 2 is now earlier Tab 3 used in Fox operation.

The current User Guide is a bit outdated on that respect.

73, Reino OH3mA

I have installed 2.3.0, but back to 2.2.2, and for test 2.4.0rc2.
In both installations in second tab I don't see the standard 6 button and free message box, but the image as follow

Why ?

73 TU
IK4IDP
Andrea

WB5JJJ - George

I think it would be helpful if the software folks would put large characters in the whitespace of Tab 2 when not in FOX mode saying FOX MODE ONLY and that will answer all questions except for what happened to my "old favorite Tab 2".  Or even better, hide Tab 2 unless in the FOX mode.

Just my thoughts.
--
73's
George - WB5JJJ