locked #ft8 #logging Logging #logging #FT8

Wyndell - K5WJF

I'm sure everyone has heard that ‘digital isn’t ham radio just start and go to bed and be done by morning’.  Well, I must be missing something.  I've tried many different confs and options but I cant get this screen to NOT show up…

And it wont start transmitting cq.  I don’t want to be able to do this, is too much fun working the rare stations.  But mayne I'm not configured right or causing more work?

Thanks

73 de Wyndell K5WJF

Avast logo

This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
www.avast.com

Bill Somerville

On 07/03/2021 14:01, Wyndell - K5WJF wrote:

I'm sure everyone has heard that ‘digital isn’t ham radio just start and go to bed and be done by morning’.  Well, I must be missing something.  I've tried many different confs and options but I cant get this screen to NOT show up…

And it wont start transmitting cq.  I don’t want to be able to do this, is too much fun working the rare stations.  But mayne I'm not configured right or causing more work?

Thanks

73 de Wyndell K5WJF

Wyndell,

every definition of a valid QSO I have seen requires the operator to validate to his or her satisfaction that the required information has been exchanged and acknowledged. I.e. it is your job to check the contents of that dialog before clicking the "OK" button.

Bill
G4WJS.

Bob G8HGN

Hi,

Settings/Reoprting?Logging look at tick boxes are any ticked? "Prompt me to log QSO" for instance.

HTH

Bob G8HGN

Thanks

73 de Wyndell K5WJF

Avast logo

www.avast.com

bill.neuro

Wyndell

It's the same ol' story, isn't it? A bunch of stuffy old men fearin' the future. They said horseless carriages would scare the horses and that new-fangled handy-talkies would give you cancer.

C'mon! Smell the future. Good or bad, digital IS the future and it IS ham radio. Come join the "fun."

Bill K1NS

Sent from my T-Mobile 5G Device

-------- Original message --------
Date: 3/7/21 9:13 AM (GMT-05:00)
To: WSJTX <main@WSJTX.groups.io>
Subject: [WSJTX] #ft8 #logging Logging

Thanks

73 de Wyndell K5WJF

Avast logo

www.avast.com

Jon Ermels

Un check the "Remind  me to log QSO" box in the Reporting window.

73 de NØIGU Jon

On Sunday, March 7, 2021, 08:25:01 AM CST, Bill Somerville <g4wjs@...> wrote:

Thanks

73 de Wyndell K5WJF

Wyndell,

every definition of a valid QSO I have seen requires the operator to validate to his or her satisfaction that the required information has been exchanged and acknowledged. I.e. it is your job to check the contents of that dialog before clicking the "OK" button.

Bill
G4WJS.

Joe Subich, W4TV

I've tried many different confs and options but I cant get this screen
to NOT show up…
That is correct. WSJT-X *will not* make "automated QSOs" where an
operator is not present to initiate a QSO (double click on a CQ or
start a CQ) and log the QSO. Some other software writers have made
"robot" programs but thankfully the developer of WSJTX have refused
to do so *and* refused to provide an interface that would enable
any "automation add-on".

I'm sure everyone has heard that ‘digital isn’t ham radio just start
and go to bed and be done by morning’.
This is nothing except "sour grapes" by those who do not like digital
modes. It's no different than a rag chewer claiming that "59/599 TU"
QSOs are "not real ham radio". Seems to me that some of the first
successful radio transmissions (QSOs?) were nothing more than a single
letter.

... Joe, W4TV

On 2021-03-07 9:01 AM, Wyndell - K5WJF wrote:
I'm sure everyone has heard that ‘digital isn’t ham radio just start and go to bed and be done by morning’.  Well, I must be missing something. I've tried many different confs and options but I cant get this screen to NOT show up…
Thanks
/73 de Wyndell K5WJF <https://www.qrz.com/db/K5WJF>/

Wyndell - K5WJF

I've tried it with Prompt checked and unchecked same with Log Automatically check and unchecked. Same with either one check and if neither checked it wont log at all.

Wyndell

Resistance is NOT futile, it's Voltage divided by Current

From: main@WSJTX.groups.io <main@WSJTX.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bob G8HGN
Sent: Sunday, March 7, 2021 08:24
To: main@WSJTX.groups.io
Subject: Re: [WSJTX] #ft8 #logging Logging

Hi,

Settings/Reoprting?Logging look at tick boxes are any ticked? "Prompt me to log QSO" for instance.

HTH

Bob G8HGN

Thanks

73 de Wyndell K5WJF

Avast logo

www.avast.com

Wyndell - K5WJF

Thanks I'm very glad it doesn’t allow that! I like trying to get the allusive QSO! I was just confused with their comments about it running automatically.. thanks!

Wyndell

-----Original Message-----
From: main@WSJTX.groups.io <main@WSJTX.groups.io> On Behalf Of Joe Subich, W4TV
Sent: Sunday, March 7, 2021 08:52

> I've tried many different confs and options but I cant get this screen > to NOT show up…

That is correct. WSJT-X *will not* make "automated QSOs" where an operator is not present to initiate a QSO (double click on a CQ or start a CQ) and log the QSO. Some other software writers have made "robot" programs but thankfully the developer of WSJTX have refused to do so *and* refused to provide an interface that would enable any "automation add-on".

and go to bed and be done by morning’.
This is nothing except "sour grapes" by those who do not like digital modes. It's no different than a rag chewer claiming that "59/599 TU"
QSOs are "not real ham radio". Seems to me that some of the first successful radio transmissions (QSOs?) were nothing more than a single letter.

... Joe, W4TV

On 2021-03-07 9:01 AM, Wyndell - K5WJF wrote:
and go to bed and be done by morning’. Well, I must be missing something.
I've tried many different confs and options but I cant get this screen
to NOT show up…

And it wont start transmitting cq. I don’t want to be able to do
this, is too much fun working the rare stations. But mayne I'm not
configured right or causing more work?

Thanks

/73 de Wyndell K5WJF <https://www.qrz.com/db/K5WJF>/

--
https://www.avast.com/antivirus

Wyndell - K5WJF

Lol yes your right!

Wyndell

From: main@WSJTX.groups.io <main@WSJTX.groups.io> On Behalf Of bill.neuro
Sent: Sunday, March 7, 2021 08:45

Wyndell

It's the same ol' story, isn't it? A bunch of stuffy old men fearin' the future. They said horseless carriages would scare the horses and that new-fangled handy-talkies would give you cancer.

C'mon! Smell the future. Good or bad, digital IS the future and it IS ham radio. Come join the "fun."

Bill K1NS

Sent from my T-Mobile 5G Device

-------- Original message --------

Date: 3/7/21 9:13 AM (GMT-05:00)

Subject: [WSJTX] #ft8 #logging Logging

Thanks

73 de Wyndell K5WJF

Avast logo

www.avast.com