moderated Setting Tx4 to RRR for FT8 #QSO_practices

Timothy Brannon

I prefer to send RRR for the Tx4 exchange when operating FT8. I understand that RR73 is the only option for FT4 to make the contact exchange faster. However, I notice after changing the mode from FT4 back to FT8 that my Tx4 exchange remains set to RR73, so I have to manually double-click Tx4 back to RRR every time I switch modes. I wouldn't expect this behavior from reading the online documentation, and I don't see any options in the settings to address this.
Is there a way to make RRR my Tx4 default whenever I set the mode to FT8?
73 de Tim, WA5MD

Bill Somerville

On 07/03/2021 13:52, Timothy Brannon wrote:
I prefer to send RRR for the Tx4 exchange when operating FT8. I understand that RR73 is the only option for FT4 to make the contact exchange faster. However, I notice after changing the mode from FT4 back to FT8 that my Tx4 exchange remains set to RR73, so I have to manually double-click Tx4 back to RRR every time I switch modes. I wouldn't expect this behavior from reading the online documentation, and I don't see any options in the settings to address this.
Is there a way to make RRR my Tx4 default whenever I set the mode to FT8?
73 de Tim, WA5MD
Hi Tim,

you can avoid that behaviour by using two configurations to switch between F8 and FT4 modes ("Menu->Configurations").