Hamlib errors #install

John G0GCD

Firstly, sorry, I see hamlib errors have been discussed ad-infinitum. I have tried many of the described suggestions over the last few months but have got steadily deeper and deeper into trouble. Time to ask for help.

All going well until upgrading to 2.1.2. Then I got occasional errors on the startup (failing to set frequency) often cured by restarting radio and WSJT-x. Reverting to 2.1.1 or 1.8.0 did not restore things.

So recently tried 2.3.0 Now getting reliable failures on startup. The error is "Hamlib error  IO error rig.c(972):rig_open return while opening connection to the rig". Trying to uninstall and revert doesn't improve matters.

I'm transmitting at 1W or less and have a well matched antenna system 30ft away from the shack..

Question: How can I completely uninstall everything and start again?
Hamlib doesn't seem to uninstall with WSJT-x and I can't find it with a search in order to delete it.

I'm reasonably IT literate but tearing my hair out.

Radio     FTdx3000
Interface     USB cable
Drivers    Silicon Labs Dual CP210x 6.7.3.350 28/03/2016 (Yaesu Website)

OS Edition Windows 10 Pro
Version 20H2
Installed on ‎05/‎09/‎2020
OS build 19042.804
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0

Device name ASUS-0013
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4590 CPU @ 3.30GHz   3.30 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB
Device ID 47C35F64-A1AC-4B34-AE5F-013F4245CB8B
Product ID 00330-80000-00000-AA658
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

Bill Somerville

On 25/02/2021 16:33, John G0GCD wrote:
[...]

Hi John,

Hamilib is statically linked into WSJT-X, there is no separate install of Hamlib.

Hamlib giving I/O error is usualy that you have selected the wrong serial port for CAT or PTT. What settings do you have in WSJT-X "Settings->Radio"?

John G0GCD

Thanks Bill,
The port settings are all correct, based on them working previously.... Com3 Enhanced 38400, no force, 8 2. PTT through CAT.

However since posting,  for the first time, HRD also malfunctioned on transmit. Based on that, I have beefed up my rfi protection and wsjt-x has started correctly. Now testing 2.1.2 which is working again and will then reinstall 2.3.0.

I have to eat humble pie. I was convinced that at 1w I was immune to Sri. Seems that something has changed. The moral is, "behave as if you've got it!" to steal someone else's  line.

Thanks for the info on the way hamlib is integrated.  That's seriously helped.

Regards
John G0GCD