Pointer drags a small frequency window #FT8 #Waterfall

HA5LV Viktor

Hi guys!
There is a new feature started maybe at 2.2.3.
FT8 waterfall window : the pointer drags a small frequency window showing the actual frequency where the pointer is.
That's very confusing and annoying if I wanna find a free gap for TXing at crowded screen.
That's why I went back to 2.2.2.

Could it be disabled or turn on/off this feature somehow?

Thank 73 Viktor HA5LV

Karza

Viktor,

On 20.2.2021 9.39, Viktor Kadar wrote:

Hi guys!
There is a new feature started maybe at 2.2.3.
FT8 waterfall window : the pointer drags a small frequency window showing the actual frequency where the pointer is.
That's very confusing and annoying if I wanna find a free gap for TXing at crowded screen.
That's why I went back to 2.2.2.

Could it be disabled or turn on/off this feature somehow?
no, it you can not turn off or disable this feature unless you modify the source code.

73's de Kari, oh2gqc

neil_zampella

Its actually a nice feature so you can see exactly where on the waterfall there's an opening.   Why does it matter that it reflect the location?

Neil, KN3ILZ

On 2/20/2021 9:15 AM, Karza wrote:
Viktor,

On 20.2.2021 9.39, Viktor Kadar wrote:

Hi guys!
There is a new feature started maybe at 2.2.3.
FT8 waterfall window : the pointer drags a small frequency window showing the actual frequency where the pointer is.
That's very confusing and annoying if I wanna find a free gap for TXing at crowded screen.
That's why I went back to 2.2.2.

Could it be disabled or turn on/off this feature somehow?

no, it you can not turn off or disable this feature unless you modify the source code.

73's de Kari, oh2gqc

HA5LV Viktor

I dont like it. Who cares where the gap is in Hertz?
If It was not covered (or at least troubled) by that window I could find it by eye and click for QSY my TX freq in 1 sec or so.
Thanks for the answers anyway, 73!

Jim Shorney

I'm going to be the odd man out and jump in here and say I rather like it. Once I got used to it I hardly notice it unless I want to look at it for some reason.

73

-Jim
NU0C

On Tue, 23 Feb 2021 09:58:33 -0800
"Viktor Kadar" <ha5lv.viktor@gmail.com> wrote:

I dont like it. Who cares where the gap is in Hertz?
If It was not covered (or at least troubled) by that window I could find it by eye and click for QSY my TX freq in 1 sec or so.
Thanks for the answers anyway, 73!

ka5bjc@...

I ALSO  like it! Sometimes I use it to see how much I am overlapping other signals. Just because WSJT-X does decode signals less than 1 Hz apart doesn't mean I shouldn't try to find a clear spin the waterfall.

Mike K6LU

Mike
I like it as well. It isn't distracting to me.
--
Mike  K6Lu

Bob McGraw - K4TAX

I like it as it adds a bit of precision to selecting a frequency.   On the other hand, it is no bother to me as I keep a reasonable height to the waterfall window.

73
Bob, K4TAX