#FST4 #FST4

Bob Cutter <ki0g@...>

When  I load the program the frequency box is read and I cannot enter a frequency

72, Bob KI0G

Bill Somerville

On 17/02/2021 17:31, Bob Cutter via groups.io wrote:

When  I load the program the frequency box is read and I cannot enter a frequency

72, Bob KI0G

Bob,

you can enter any frequency your rig supports. I suspect you trying to say you cannot select frequencies from the drop down list. When a new mode is added we usually provide a few suggested working frequencies but you must "install" them by resetting the working frequencies table. We do not do this automatically as some users customize this table. Go to "Settings->Frequencies", right-click anywhere in the body of the Working Frequencies table and press the "Reset" button that appears.

Joe Subich, W4TV

Bill,

When a new mode is added we usually provide a few suggested working
frequencies but you must "install" them by resetting the working
frequencies table. We do not do this automatically as some users
customize this table.
Would it be reasonably possible to provide a "merge" function for
frequency maintenance - either merge the new defaults with the user's
customized list or merge just the "suggested" frequencies for any new
mode into the current list?

Perhaps the latter function on installation of a new version?

73,

... Joe, W4TV

On 2021-02-18 12:00 PM, Bill Somerville wrote:
On 17/02/2021 17:31, Bob Cutter via groups.io wrote:

When  I load the program the frequency box is read and I cannot enter a frequency

72, Bob KI0G

Bob,

you can enter any frequency your rig supports. I suspect you trying to say you cannot select frequencies from the drop down list. When a new mode is added we usually provide a few suggested working frequencies but you must "install" them by resetting the working frequencies table. We do not do this automatically as some users customize this table. Go to "Settings->Frequencies", right-click anywhere in the body of the Working Frequencies table and press the "Reset" button that appears.

Joe,

there is already a merge function. It works slightly differenly from your suggestion but should have similar or better results. It does require the user take a few minutes to select and export their own customized frequencies, but once that is done it is trivial to reset then merge them back in.

neil_zampella

Have you reset the frequency list in the Settings ??

Neil, KN3ILZ

On 2021-02-18 12:00 PM, Bill Somerville wrote:
[...]

That's the long way to do it. One would expect merge to remove
duplicate entries in any case so why not include a "default"
frequency file and allow the user to merge it with their current
list?

73,

... Joe, W4TV

Bill Somerville

On 2021-02-18 12:00 PM, Bill Somerville wrote:
[...]

anyone can do that very easily. Just reset and export the whole list.

Note we do not do what you suggest because we need the ability to remove frequencies as well as add them.