locked WSJT-X v2.4.0 feature request #mainscreen #Waterfall

Ian Wilson

Wondering if it is possible to make the waterfall screen part of the main WSJT-X screen?

Would be great if there was only 1 window rather than 2,  well IMO....

Ian

JP Tucson, AZ

Ian,

While that seems like a good idea, eveyone's computer/monitor does not display the same, nor have the space for everything; i.e. it's really hard to make out anything on a 10 inch screen!

Having the OPTION as to separate or combined would work - choice matters!

73 - John - N7GHZ

On Tue, Feb 16, 2021, 7:44 PM Ian Wilson <zl1ogx@...> wrote:
Wondering if it is possible to make the waterfall screen part of the main WSJT-X screen?

Would be great if there was only 1 window rather than 2,  well IMO....

Ian

JJ

Setting the drive level using the Pwr slider as currently done is good.  Would also love two (2) small "up" and "down" buttons for adjusting the power in small increments (e.g.:  0.1, 0.2, or 0.3 dB steps) to get the drive level "just right" while operating.  Another way might be setting the Pwr with a value (e.g.: 0, -10, -20, etc.) and then using the Pwr slider as a "fine tune" and having a finer resolution range.  I notice having to adjust the Pwr slider slightly after a bit of operating so not driving too hard.  Using the Pwr slider now seems to be course and quite quick in trying to make a slight drive level change during a session.

Michel Bernard VE2BJG

I second the request. Be able to combine or separate the waterfall would be nice.

Alan G4ZFQ

JJ wrote:
Setting the drive level using the Pwr slider as currently done is good.  Would also love two (2) small "up" and "down" buttons for adjusting the power in small increments (e.g.:  0.1, 0.2, or 0.3 dB steps)
The mouse wheel does 0.3dB. The up/down keys 0.1dB.
I'm not sure why such precision is required, not many can tell or measure 1dB?

73 Alan G4ZFQ