locked MSK144 K3 transmit on 6M #transmit

joe gay

I recently took a try of meteor scatter on 6M using MSK144 with Ver 2.3.0 - Freq selected by mode was 50.260. It is suggested to switch to another freq to finish QSO i.e. 50.275. I noticed the K3 was set to split with transmit on "B" vfo. I can tune up to 50.275 using main vfo but tx stays at 50.260. It seems like it would be easier to use main vfo for Rx &Tx for this mode. Is there a setting for that?
Joe

Bill Somerville

On 16/02/2021 20:53, joe gay via groups.io wrote:
I recently took a try of meteor scatter on 6M using MSK144 with Ver 2.3.0 - Freq selected by mode was 50.260. It is suggested to switch to another freq to finish QSO i.e. 50.275. I noticed the K3 was set to split with transmit on "B" vfo. I can tune up to 50.275 using main vfo but tx stays at 50.260. It seems like it would be easier to use main vfo for Rx &Tx for this mode. Is there a setting for that?
Joe
Hi Joe,

WSJT-X has a feature that allows easy operation with MSK144 to call on a calling frequency but carry out QSOs on a different working frequency. This is only available if you have working CAT control and enable one of the "Settings->Radio->Split Operating" options. Check the checkbox to the right of the "Tx CQ 260" spin box, then tune your VFO to a free working frequency. WSJT-X will automatically amend the CQ message to inform repliers of your working frequency, make CQ calls on the .260 (or whatever kHz offset you set the spin box to) calling frequency, and proceed with any QSOs on your working frequency. When your QSO is completed the next CQ call you make will be back on the calling frequency. To make a QSO double-click a decode of any station that replies to your CQ.

None of the above will happen if you do not check the checkbox mentioned above.

Hasan Schiers N0AN

Joe,
I would suggest you not go to 50.275 for MSK144. That freq is in use a lot for Q65-30A in the States. I didn't see a callsign for you, ...

Typically MSK144 alternate frequencies here are 255, 250, 265, even 257 works.

73, N0AN
Hasan

On Tue, Feb 16, 2021 at 2:54 PM joe gay via groups.io <hamop=protonmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
I recently took a try of meteor scatter on 6M using MSK144 with Ver 2.3.0 - Freq selected by mode was 50.260. It is suggested to switch to another freq to finish QSO i.e. 50.275. I noticed the K3 was set to split with transmit on "B" vfo. I can tune up to 50.275 using main vfo but tx stays at 50.260. It seems like it would be easier to use main vfo for Rx &Tx for this mode. Is there a setting for that?
Joe

joe gay

Thanks Bill & Hasan for the info! I haven't used MS for 10 yrs or so & thought I would give it a try with the K3 & different Ant.
73 Joe W4RYW