locked Q65 on Six Meter 50.275 #Q65

ve4cy

I notice on PSK Reporter, there are quite a few stations running Q65 on Six Meters.

The only thing I can't seem to figure out is what duration, and which submode they are using..   I'm assuming submode A, but Is it 15 second or 30 second?

73 de Jim VE4CY

John N9ZL <jbrooks@...>

50.275 is Q65-30A

73,
John N9ZL

On 2/16/21 1:20 PM, ve4cy wrote:

I notice on PSK Reporter, there are quite a few stations running Q65 on Six Meters.

The only thing I can't seem to figure out is what duration, and which submode they are using..   I'm assuming submode A, but Is it 15 second or 30 second?

73 de Jim VE4CY

Joe Dz

Hi Jim,

50.275  Q65-30A  Here is where I find most of the activity.

50.235  Q65-120E  Very s-l-o-w sub mode, but works for at least 1,000 miles when the band is closed.

50.305  Q65-30A  I have seen North American stations here, and Europe is settling-in on this frequency.

But, all is an experimental work in progress.  Some folks do use Q65-15A on 50.275.  The EME crew use other frequencies.

Joe, K1YOW

I notice on PSK Reporter, there are quite a few stations running Q65 on Six Meters.

The only thing I can't seem to figure out is what duration, and which submode they are using..   I'm assuming submode A, but Is it 15 second or 30 second?

73 de Jim VE4CY

M0PWX

Jim,

if you set the time to something like 60 sec, and watch the waterfall for a few minutes you should be able to work it out?

73

peter

2E0PwxOn Tue, 16/02/2021 18:20, ve4cy wrote:
I notice on PSK Reporter, there are quite a few stations running Q65 on Six Meters.

The only thing I can't seem to figure out is what duration, and which submode they are using..   I'm assuming submode A, but Is it 15 second or 30 second?

73 de Jim VE4CY

This email has been scanned by iomartcloud.
http://www.iomartcloud.com/

Hasan Schiers N0AN

The vast majority of us are running :

Q65-30A on 50.275
That is 30 sec T/R and Submode A

For lower power, super weak signals we are using

Q65-120E on 50.235
T/R 120 seconds and Submode E

These were chosen for an absence of LAN spikes and WiFi Spikes that are common to heavily populated neighborhoods. The are just current watering holes, not 'official' assignments.

If you want to monitor, Q65-30A 50.275 is your best bet for a place to find activity.

Settings:
Decode : FAST (deep off); Enable Averaging OFF
F Tol 20 Hz (be sure to set rx to the qso partner freq)

73, N0AN

Hasan

On Tue, Feb 16, 2021 at 12:30 PM ve4cy <jwt@...> wrote:
I notice on PSK Reporter, there are quite a few stations running Q65 on Six Meters.

The only thing I can't seem to figure out is what duration, and which submode they are using..   I'm assuming submode A, but Is it 15 second or 30 second?

73 de Jim VE4CY

W4AS

Why disable Averaging?

73 de Sebastian, W4AS

On Feb 16, 2021, at 1:49 PM, Hasan Schiers N0AN <hbasri.schiers6@...> wrote:

The vast majority of us are running :

Q65-30A on 50.275
That is 30 sec T/R and Submode A

For lower power, super weak signals we are using

Q65-120E on 50.235
T/R 120 seconds and Submode E

These were chosen for an absence of LAN spikes and WiFi Spikes that are common to heavily populated neighborhoods. The are just current watering holes, not 'official' assignments.

If you want to monitor, Q65-30A 50.275 is your best bet for a place to find activity.

Settings:
Decode : FAST (deep off); Enable Averaging OFF
F Tol 20 Hz (be sure to set rx to the qso partner freq)

73, N0AN

Hasan Schiers N0AN

In the current 2.4.0 RC1 we discovered that the number of observable decodes is greater with Enable Averaging OFF.

The next release will take care of this. In the mean time, if you are just monitoring the band for possible decodes, turn Enable Averaging OFF.

When in QSO, turn it back on, as it permits better sensitivity under certain conditions.

73, N0AN
Hasan

On Tue, Feb 16, 2021 at 2:35 PM W4AS <w4as@...> wrote:
Why disable Averaging?

73 de Sebastian, W4AS

> On Feb 16, 2021, at 1:49 PM, Hasan Schiers N0AN <hbasri.schiers6@...> wrote:
>
> The vast majority of us are running :
>
> Q65-30A on 50.275
> That is 30 sec T/R and Submode A
>
> For lower power, super weak signals we are using
>
> Q65-120E on 50.235
> T/R 120 seconds and Submode E
>
> These were chosen for an absence of LAN spikes and WiFi Spikes that are common to heavily populated neighborhoods. The are just current watering holes, not 'official' assignments.
>
> If you want to monitor, Q65-30A 50.275 is your best bet for a place to find activity.
>
> Settings:
> Decode : FAST (deep off); Enable Averaging OFF
> F Tol 20 Hz (be sure to set rx to the qso partner freq)
>
> 73, N0AN

Bob K4RCG

Jim, I've been using Q65/30A on 50.275.  50.235 is said to be for 120/A.  And finally, I believe  DX/EU is on .305.  Lots of fun.

73
Bob K4RCG

On Tue, Feb 16, 2021 at 6:30 PM ve4cy <jwt@...> wrote:
I notice on PSK Reporter, there are quite a few stations running Q65 on Six Meters.

The only thing I can't seem to figure out is what duration, and which submode they are using..   I'm assuming submode A, but Is it 15 second or 30 second?

73 de Jim VE4CY

Hasan Schiers N0AN

50.235 is for 120E, not A ...they are not compatible.

As always, by arranged sked, you can run anything anywhere, but both 275 and 135 are current watering holes for 60A and 120E. Nothing in concrete, just current usage in the USA
73, N0AN
Hasan

On Tue, Feb 16, 2021 at 3:11 PM Bob <bobstohlman@...> wrote:
Jim, I've been using Q65/30A on 50.275.  50.235 is said to be for 120/A.  And finally, I believe  DX/EU is on .305.  Lots of fun.

73
Bob K4RCG

On Tue, Feb 16, 2021 at 6:30 PM ve4cy <jwt@...> wrote:
I notice on PSK Reporter, there are quite a few stations running Q65 on Six Meters.

The only thing I can't seem to figure out is what duration, and which submode they are using..   I'm assuming submode A, but Is it 15 second or 30 second?

73 de Jim VE4CY

Hasan Schiers N0AN

Typo. Q65-120E is 50.235 in USA, not 135
Hasan

On Tue, Feb 16, 2021 at 3:55 PM Hasan Schiers N0AN via groups.io <hbasri.schiers6=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:

[...]

OK..   30A then.  Will try that today.  Thanks to all who replied.. --   (Too many to thank individually :) )

73 de Jim VE4CY