TX6 modification #QSO_practices was Re: #QSO_practices #Cat_RigControl

Reino Talarmo

What do you think about modifying TX6 so that double clicking it would stop the default to CQ?
Chuck,
Do you mean that TX should halt by doublee clicking? What's wrong with the Halt button?

73, Reino OH3mA

Gary - AG0N

On Feb 10, 2021, at 00:50, Reino Talarmo <reino.talarmo@kolumbus.fi> wrote:

What do you think about modifying TX6 so that double clicking it would stop the default to CQ?
Chuck,
Do you mean that TX should halt by doublee clicking? What's wrong with the Halt button?

73, Reino OH3mA
I think he means to be able to double-click the TX6 Next button and cause it to NOT automatically progress to TX6 after sending TX4/TX5. I have to agree. Too many times I’ve been caught sending a CQ when re-enabling TX to repeat for the other stations. By the time I see what it is doing, it’s a half or more sequence out the door. Auto-advance to CQ is not a good thing in all cases. As fast as FT8 is, there’s not enough time to catch all of the things that have to be watched for when in the "heat of battle”.

Gary - AG0N

Reino Talarmo

What do you think about modifying TX6 so that double clicking it would stop the default to CQ?
Chuck,
Do you mean that TX should halt by doublee clicking? What's wrong with the Halt button?

73, Reino OH3mA
I think he means to be able to double-click the TX6 Next button and cause it to NOT automatically progress to TX6 after sending TX4/TX5. I have to agree. Too many times I’ve been caught sending a CQ when re-enabling TX to repeat for the other stations. By the time I see what it is doing, it’s a half or more sequence out the door. Auto-advance to CQ is not a good thing in all cases. As fast as FT8 is, there’s not enough time to catch all of the things that have to be watched for when in the "heat of battle”.
Hi Gary,

I user double clicking on the message as that invokes transmission. Well, in some cases the generated message is not exactly I want to send depending on the state of the autoseq machine. If I think that I need to repeat a certain message, then I use proper Next selection and CQ will not be sent. Of course sometimes I need to select another Next button or Halt. In any case the machine does not know which message you need to send in the "heat of battle", hi.

73, Reino OH3mA

Chuck Schloss

Thanks and right-on, Gary.
It's particularly a problem when you're 90 years old and your hands shake like Hell.
Chuck - AG0W