locked Lost audio #AudioIssues

Dennis Jacobson

Hello all... Please add me to the list of those who lost the USB audio.  I've looked through all the #audioissues and not found one that relates to what I'm getting.  Its and "Error in Sound Input" "An error opening the audio input device has occurred".  I've tried to remove all the USB ports and rebooted thinking the correct USB drivers might be installed... I've removed the Sound, video and game controllers and rebooted and they have reinstalled and I still have the same error message... I tried the removal of the USB cable and powered down the radio, rebooted the computer and then the Sound, video and game controllers reinstalled what looked like the same as before..
I even upgraded from WSJTX 2.2.0 to WSJTX 2.3.0.  I don't know what else to try.
Equipment:  Kenwood TS 2000, RigBlaster P&P,  Windows 10 pro.
Any thing else I've missed in correcting this problem?
Thanks
Dennis N6NG

Georgina Joyce

Hello Dennis,

I have used a TS-2000 but with a SL USB. So have you connected the 2000 via the serial port and have that working for cat control?

The audio line is a separate line and I would suggest you seek a RigBlaster forum. I assume the P&P means plug 'n' play. So if you are not seeing the appropriate listing in device manager then something is wrong. WSJT-X will use the audio drivers that you point to on the audio tab of WSJT-X settings.

I hope that the above points you in the right direction.

73

On 7 Feb 2021, at 21:57, Dennis Jacobson <n6ngdennis@...> wrote:

[...]

Call: M0EBP
DMR ID: 2346259
Allstar: 52178
Locater: IO83PS

Dennis Jacobson

Thank you for your answer.. Yes. I use a separate cable for the cat control and it works fine.. But when I bring up the WSJTX program it always reports that it can't open the Audio which uses USB. And yes the P&P are plug and play.. I also have a Signalink setting and waiting to be put in another system I'm building. I could put that in...  If you still have the information for the TS2000 would you send me the settings you used to set up the WSJTX program with the SL?  That would help if I move over to the SL.  .

Dennis N6NG

Georgina Joyce

Hello Dennis,

Here's the document I got from SL.

73
On 8 Feb 2021, at 23:29, Dennis Jacobson <n6ngdennis@...> wrote:

Thank you for your answer.. Yes. I use a separate cable for the cat control and it works fine.. But when I bring up the WSJTX program it always reports that it can't open the Audio which uses USB. And yes the P&P are plug and play.. I also have a Signalink setting and waiting to be put in another system I'm building. I could put that in... If you still have the information for the TS2000 would you send me the settings you used to set up the WSJTX program with the SL? That would help if I move over to the SL. .

Dennis N6NG

Georgina

Call: M0EBP
DMR ID: 2346259
Allstar: 52178
Locater: IO83PS

Georgina Joyce

Hello Dennis,

My screen reader isn't confirming the attachment.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sl62490dd782kov/SIGNALINK_USB_CONNECTING_TO_KENWOOD_TS-2000.pdf?dl=1

On 9 Feb 2021, at 01:51, Georgina Joyce <gena@...> wrote:

[...]

I looked and looked but I can't seem to find a RigBlaster forum.. Does anyone know where that one is?
Thanks all Dennis N6NG

Dave Garber

Check their website.   They may have support

On Fri., Feb. 12, 2021, 5:34 p.m. Dennis Jacobson, <n6ngdennis@...> wrote:
I looked and looked but I can't seem to find a RigBlaster forum.. Does anyone know where that one is?
Thanks all Dennis N6NG

Dennis Jacobson

I questioned West Mountain about my problem above.. They referred me to this article which fixed my problem. Just thought I would put the link here just in case someone else chased their tails...
  http://www.westmountainradio.com/kb_view_topic.php?id=OT220

Thanks for all the input.

Dennis N6NG