Topics

WSJTX crashes after 30 seconds on Mac #wsjt-x-crashing #mac

ALLAN LOVETT

I am seeing the same thing with with Big Sur

Allan
N7RP

On Feb 6, 2021, at 6:01 PM, John <jbrooks@johnsweb.com> wrote:

Hi,
I just installed WSJT-X 2.4.0-rc1 on MacOS Mojave 10.14.6. Rig is an IC-9700. I had a previous GA version installed and it was working fine. When I start the program, everything seems fine for about 30 seconds, then the window just closes. No error message. Sometimes there's nothing new in wsjtx_syslog.log, sometimes it logs a single "[".

For the 30 seconds it is up, I can test connections to the radio, Test PTT, change modes, etc. Everything seems fine. Then after about 30 seconds, the window just poofs.

If I disconnect the USB cable to the rig and start WSJTX, I get the usual Rig control error box, but if I say OK there then the program stays open and doesn't poof.

I did apply the sysctl.conf and reboot after installation.

Any suggestions? This all worked fine before I installed 2.4.0-rc1.

John N9ZL

Bill Somerville

Hi John, and Allan,

see this post from the wsjt-devel list on Source Forge: https://sourceforge.net/p/wsjt/mailman/message/37212133/

Bill
G4WJS.

On 07/02/2021 12:55, ALLAN LOVETT via groups.io wrote:
I am seeing the same thing with with Big Sur

Allan
N7RP

On Feb 6, 2021, at 6:01 PM, John <jbrooks@...> wrote:

Hi,
  I just installed WSJT-X 2.4.0-rc1 on MacOS Mojave 10.14.6.  Rig is an IC-9700. I had a previous GA version installed and it was working fine.  When I start the program, everything seems fine for about 30 seconds, then the window just closes.  No error message. Sometimes there's nothing new in wsjtx_syslog.log, sometimes it logs a single "[".

For the 30 seconds it is up, I can test connections to the radio, Test PTT, change modes, etc.  Everything seems fine.  Then after about 30 seconds, the window just poofs.

If I disconnect the USB cable to the rig and start WSJTX, I get the usual Rig control error box, but if I say OK there then the program stays open and doesn't poof.

I did apply the sysctl.conf and reboot after installation.

Any suggestions?  This all worked fine before I installed 2.4.0-rc1.

John N9ZL