Topics

WSJTX 2.4.0-rc1 closes after 30 seconds on MacOS #wsjt-x-crashing #mac

John N9ZL

Hi,
I've just installed WSJT-X 2.4.0-rc1 on MacOS Mojave 10.14.6 with an Icom IC-9700.  I did apply the sysctl.conf changes.  The program starts fine, I can test the rig connection, test PTT, etc just fine.  After about 30 seconds the window just closes.  No error, no popup, just poof.

I checked the wsjtx_syslog.log and sometimes it adds nothing to the log, sometimes it adds a single "[" character.

If I unplug the USB cable to the radio, WSJT-X starts fine with the expected "Rig Control" error popup, but once I click OK on that, the program stays running.   It seems to only close when the rig is connected.

Everything was working fine on a previous version of WSJT-X.

(Sorry if this post shows up twice.  I submitted it earlier but it never showed up.)

Any suggestions?

Thanks & 73
John N9ZL

Bill Somerville

[...]