Topics

WSJTX 2.4.0-rc1 closes after 30 seconds on MacOS #wsjt-x-crashing #mac

John N9ZL

Hi,
I've just installed WSJT-X 2.4.0-rc1 on MacOS Mojave 10.14.6 with an Icom IC-9700.  I did apply the sysctl.conf changes.  The program starts fine, I can test the rig connection, test PTT, etc just fine.  After about 30 seconds the window just closes.  No error, no popup, just poof.

I checked the wsjtx_syslog.log and sometimes it adds nothing to the log, sometimes it adds a single "[" character.

If I unplug the USB cable to the radio, WSJT-X starts fine with the expected "Rig Control" error popup, but once I click OK on that, the program stays running.   It seems to only close when the rig is connected.

Everything was working fine on a previous version of WSJT-X.

(Sorry if this post shows up twice.  I submitted it earlier but it never showed up.)

Any suggestions?

Thanks & 73
John N9ZL

Bill Somerville

On 07/02/2021 01:16, John wrote:
Hi,
I've just installed WSJT-X 2.4.0-rc1 on MacOS Mojave 10.14.6 with an Icom IC-9700.  I did apply the sysctl.conf changes.  The program starts fine, I can test the rig connection, test PTT, etc just fine.  After about 30 seconds the window just closes.  No error, no popup, just poof.

I checked the wsjtx_syslog.log and sometimes it adds nothing to the log, sometimes it adds a single "[" character.

If I unplug the USB cable to the radio, WSJT-X starts fine with the expected "Rig Control" error popup, but once I click OK on that, the program stays running.   It seems to only close when the rig is connected.

(Sorry if this post shows up twice.  I submitted it earlier but it never showed up.)

Any suggestions?

Thanks & 73
John N9ZL
Hi John,

see this post from the wsjt-devel list on Source Forge: https://sourceforge.net/p/wsjt/mailman/message/37212133/

Bill
G4WJS.

John N9ZL

That fixed me up.  Thanks Bill
John N9ZL

On 2/7/21 11:51 AM, Bill Somerville wrote:
On 07/02/2021 01:16, John wrote:
Hi,

Any suggestions?

Thanks & 73
John N9ZL

Hi John,

see this post from the wsjt-devel list on Source Forge: https://sourceforge.net/p/wsjt/mailman/message/37212133/

Bill
G4WJS.