locked #bugreport JT4 decodes crash v2.4.0-rc1 #IssueReport

Mike Lavelle K6ML

JT4 decodes crash v2.4.0-rc1(-win64).   Happens repeatedly, often on first decode.

Does not happen Q65/FT4/FT8/JT65/JT9 modes.

---- error message ----

Subprocess failed with exit code 2:

Running: C:\WSJT\wsjtx\bin\jt9 -s WSJT-X -w 1 -m 3 -e C:\WSJT\wsjtx\bin -a C:\Users\micle\AppData\Local\WSJT-X -t C:\Users\micle\AppData\Local\Temp\WSJT-X

At line 13 of file C:\Users\bill\src\k1jt\wsjtx\lib\pctile.f90

Fortran runtime error: Index '-26' of dimension 1 of array 'tmp' below lower bound of 1

Error termination. Backtrace:

Could not print backtrace: libbacktrace could not find executable to open

#0 0xffffffff

#1 0xffffffff

#2 0xffffffff

#3 0xffffffff

#4 0xffffffff

#5 0xffffffff

#6 0xffffffff

#7 0xffffffff

#8 0xffffffff

#9 0xffffffff

#10 0xffffffff

#11 0xffffffff

#12 0xffffffff

#13 0xffffffff

#14 0xffffffff

#15 0xffffffff

Karza

On 4.2.2021 18.52, Mike Lavelle K6ML wrote:
JT4 decodes crash v2.4.0-rc1(-win64).   Happens repeatedly, often on first decode.

Does not happen Q65/FT4/FT8/JT65/JT9 modes.
Crash also happens on Linux Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS

Running: /home/karza/ham/wsjtx/wsjtx240-rc1/bin/jt9 -s "WSJT-X - eirikia" -w 1 -m 3 -e /home/karza/ham/wsjtx/wsjtx240-rc1/bin -a "/home/karza/.local/share/WSJT-X - eirikia" -t "/tmp/WSJT-X - eirikia"
At line 13 of file /home/karza/ham/wsjtx/wsjtx240-rc1/build/wsjtx-prefix/src/wsjtx/lib/pctile.f90
Fortran runtime error: Index '-53' of dimension 1 of array 'tmp' below lower bound of 1

Error termination. Backtrace:
#0  0x7f3781d4f32a
#1  0x7f3781d4fed5
#2  0x7f3781d502a7
#3  0x559a6299b6b0
#4  0x559a62a0edc7
#5  0x559a6299f7c1
#6  0x559a629a041e
#7  0x559a62999128
#8  0x559a6298f1d4
#9  0x559a6298e6da
#10  0x559a6298c5ae
#11  0x7f3780df6bf6
#12  0x559a6298c619
#13  0xffffffffffffffff

73's de Kari, oh2gqc

David Ackrill

It was happeneing to me yesterday when trying to decode a couple of 23cm beacons that run JT4g.

I'm running Windows 10 Pro on an Intel i5, 3.2GHz with 4GB RAM, if that helps?

Today, when I swapped from FT8 to Q65 it happened again.  Error message as follows;

Running: C:\WSJT\RC1\wsjtx\bin\jt9 -s WSJT-X -w 1 -m 3 -e C:\WSJT\RC1\wsjtx\bin -a C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\WSJT-X -t C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\WSJT-X

At line 24 of file C:\Users\bill\src\k1jt\wsjtx\lib\spec64.f90

Fortran runtime error: Array bound mismatch for dimension 1 of array 'cs' (1800/0)

#0 0xffffffff

#1 0xffffffff

#2 0xffffffff

#3 0xffffffff

#4 0xffffffff

#5 0xffffffff

g3wdg <charlie@...>

Hi David

I think that's happening because you were on a submode letter (f) when in
JT4 and when going to Q65 that would have persisted as the selected
submode.

There is currently no f submode coded in WSJT-X and when a decode is
attempted it may crash with that error.

I believe that this has been fixed already and will be in the next release.

For now, just reselect a valid submode having switched to Q65.

The other, and better, approach is not to just switch modes, but create
configurations for them using the configuration menu and following the
instructions in the User Guide. That way, your preferred settings for
different modes will be retained.

73

Charlie G3WDG

#0 0xffffffff

#1 0xffffffff

#2 0xffffffff

#3 0xffffffff

#4 0xffffffff

#5 0xffffffff

g3wdg <charlie@...>

correction for 'f' read 'g'.

There is also no 'g' in Q65, although it is selectable in -rc1.

#0 0xffffffff

#1 0xffffffff

#2 0xffffffff

#3 0xffffffff

#4 0xffffffff

#5 0xffffffff

David Ackrill

Thanks for the reply, Charlie,

I'll look into setting up different configurations as well.

Cheers - Dave (G0DJA)

Tom Melvin

For Q65 it looks like using configurations is a must.

On the graph you need to set it to ‘Q65’ - if you just change mode the graph mode does not change. It works fine with a configuration.

Tom
GM8MJV

On 17 Feb 2021, at 21:22, David Ackrill <david.ackrill@...> wrote:

Thanks for the reply, Charlie,

I'll look into setting up different configurations as well.

Cheers - Dave (G0DJA)

David Ackrill

Edited

It seems that the problem that I just posted under another topic where I was trying to run two instances of WSJT-X from two separate configurations is another instance of the JT4 decoding issue.  I tried running just the "Main" instance on its own, with JT4g as the set up mode from start up.  WSJT-X runs until the first attempt to decode then the Subprocess error comes up.

Details in the Subprocess error box says;

Running: C:\WSJT\RC1\wsjtx\bin\jt9 -s "WSJT-X - IC9700MainBand" -w 1 -m 3 -e C:\WSJT\RC1\wsjtx\bin -a "C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\WSJT-X - IC9700MainBand" -t "C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\WSJT-X - IC9700MainBand"
At line 13 of file C:\Users\bill\src\k1jt\wsjtx\lib\pctile.f90
Fortran runtime error: Index '-25' of dimension 1 of array 'tmp' below lower bound of 1

#0  0xffffffff
#1  0xffffffff
#2  0xffffffff
#3  0xffffffff
#4  0xffffffff
#5  0xffffffff
#6  0xffffffff
#7  0xffffffff
#8  0xffffffff
#9  0xffffffff
#10  0xffffffff
#11  0xffffffff
#12  0xffffffff
#13  0xffffffff
#14  0xffffffff
#15  0xffffffff

If I run WSJT-X in another mode it seems to be OK.

Screen print below of single instance of WSJT-X with JT4g as start-up mode - Cheers - Dave (G0DJA)