locked Multiple Instances of WSJTX .. #FT8 #WSJTX_config

Dave H

Hello,

I want to run multiple Instances of WSJTX, I found that I need to create 2 shortcuts with the following added

wsjtx --rig-name=FT-991

wsjtx --rig-name=FT-891

What I'm not clear on.? Will I end up with "2" wsjt-x adi files or is there a single shared file.

Just trying to think ahead for getting wsjt-x to Log into Log4OM

Thanks...

Bill Somerville

On 03/02/2021 22:10, Dave H wrote:

Hello,

I want to run multiple Instances of WSJTX, I found that I need to create 2 shortcuts with the following added

wsjtx --rig-name=FT-991

wsjtx --rig-name=FT-891

What I'm not clear on.? Will I end up with "2" wsjt-x adi files or is there a single shared file.

Just trying to think ahead for getting wsjt-x to Log into Log4OM

Thanks...

Hi Dave,

two separate log files, although you can make them use a single file using a symlink (use a hard link on MS Windows), with some minor restrictions on highlighting of stations worked before.

Amos Sobel 4X4MF

Dave

I am using a instance of JtAlet with each instance of WSJT-X. JtAlert does log into common Log4OM.

Amos 4X4MF

I want to run multiple Instances of WSJTX, I found that I need to create 2 shortcuts with the following added

wsjtx --rig-name=FT-991

wsjtx --rig-name=FT-891

What I'm not clear on.? Will I end up with "2" wsjt-x adi files or is there a single shared file.

Just trying to think ahead for getting wsjt-x to Log into Log4OM

Thanks...

Karza

Dave,

On 4.2.2021 0.10, Dave H wrote:
What I'm not clear on.? Will I end up with "2" wsjt-x adi files or is there a single shared file.

you will end up with 2 wsjtx_log.adi and wsjtx.log files.

73's de Kari, oh2gqc

Dave H

Hi Bill,

Many Thanks...

Another Q.? I assume I will therefore need a UDP Port Nos# per instance.

73 Dave G8LIY

Dave H

Hi Amos..

Thanks... I plan to use.? GRIDTRACKER if I can

73 Dave G8LIY

Dave H

Hi Karza,

Thanks.. 73 Dave G8LIY

Bill Somerville

On 04/02/2021 14:13, Dave H wrote:

Hi Bill,

Many Thanks...

Another Q.? I assume I will therefore need a UDP Port Nos# per instance.

73 Dave G8LIY
Hi Dave,

that is not necessary when using multicast IP, but some servers, notably JTAlert, do not handle multicast quite right and require each WSJT-X instance to send to a different service port :(

Dave H

Hello Bil,

Apologies for late response, been under the weather, just finished Chemo. :(

O.K on Port, I will look up multicast IP. I don't remember seeing that

Basic question... My current single instance is "C:\Program Files\wsjtx\bin\wsjtx.exe" is in quotes/ticks
Do I enclose entire command line in quotes:
"C:\Program Files\wsjtx\bin\wsjtx.exe --rig-name=FT991A"

Thanks - Dave