locked #install - WSJT-X 2.3.0 Annoyance #install

Nathern Priddy

I just downloaded and installed WSJT-X 2.3.0.  In this version, there is a little box on the waterfall that follows the cursor showing the frequency that the cursor is at.  I find this to be a distraction and an annoyance.

I've searched for a way to turn the box off, but no success.  Is there a way to turn this box off?

Barry Priddy - K5VIP/KG4BP

Karza

Barry,

On 3.2.2021 17.47, Nathern Priddy via groups.io wrote:
I just downloaded and installed WSJT-X 2.3.0.  In this version, there is a little box on the waterfall that follows the cursor showing the frequency that the cursor is at.  I find this to be a distraction and an annoyance.
I myself rather like this feature ;)

I've searched for a way to turn the box off, but no success.  Is there a way to turn this box off?

Probably not, unless you modify the source code and recompile.

73's de Kari, oh2gqc

Bill Somerville

On 03/02/2021 15:47, Nathern Priddy via groups.io wrote:
I just downloaded and installed WSJT-X 2.3.0.  In this version, there is a little box on the waterfall that follows the cursor showing the frequency that the cursor is at.  I find this to be a distraction and an annoyance.

I've searched for a way to turn the box off, but no success.  Is there a way to turn this box off?

Barry Priddy - K5VIP/KG4BP

Hi Barry,

sorry, there's not.

This is going to sound trite, but if you don't like it then don't move the mouse pointer around the Wide Graph plots.

Jon Ermels

Amen

73 de NØIGU Jon

On Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 10:01:52 AM CST, Nathern Priddy via groups.io <nbpriddy@...> wrote:

I just downloaded and installed WSJT-X 2.3.0.  In this version, there is a little box on the waterfall that follows the cursor showing the frequency that the cursor is at.  I find this to be a distraction and an annoyance.

I've searched for a way to turn the box off, but no success.  Is there a way to turn this box off?

Barry Priddy - K5VIP/KG4BP

Reino Talarmo

Hi,

Personally I find this little frequency box very useful!

73, Reino OH3mA

I just downloaded and installed WSJT-X 2.3.0.  In this version, there is a little box on the waterfall that follows the cursor showing the frequency that the cursor is at.  I find this to be a distraction and an annoyance.

I've searched for a way to turn the box off, but no success.  Is there a way to turn this box off?

Barry Priddy - K5VIP/KG4BP

Bob K4RCG

HIHIHI I find the freq box handy! :-)  I have a few FST4W skeds with DX stations and we use the freq to help ID traces of the participating stations if operating "random".  I don't know how to turn it off, but it is easier when using FST4W than "hovering" over the traces to ID the Hz.

73 de Bob
K4RCG

On Thu, Feb 4, 2021 at 1:40 PM Jon Ermels via groups.io <n0igu=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Amen

73 de NØIGU Jon

On Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 10:01:52 AM CST, Nathern Priddy via groups.io <nbpriddy=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

I just downloaded and installed WSJT-X 2.3.0.  In this version, there is a little box on the waterfall that follows the cursor showing the frequency that the cursor is at.  I find this to be a distraction and an annoyance.

I've searched for a way to turn the box off, but no success.  Is there a way to turn this box off?

Barry Priddy - K5VIP/KG4BP

w5ec

What was the idea behind the box?