WSJT-X RC4 Rig Control on Yaesu FTDX-3000 #BugReport

Mark Steele

RC4 is not controlling my FTDX-3000 properly anymore.

Primarily issue with VFO control but it's also selecting incorrect modes, not operating Split mode properly as 'Rig', and switching to VFO B when changing bands.

I have reverted to 2.2.2 GA for the time being.

Bill Somerville

On 27/01/2021 12:18, Mark Steele wrote:
RC4 is not controlling my FTDX-3000 properly anymore.

Primarily issue with VFO control but it's also selecting incorrect modes, not operating Split mode properly as 'Rig', and switching to VFO B when changing bands.

I have reverted to 2.2.2 GA for the time being.
Hi Mark,

you appear to be suffering multiple issues, let's start with the "selecting incorrect modes" one first. What do you have checked in the "Settings->Radio->Mode" panel, what is happening that sets the incorrect mode, and when does that happen? Note that the latest Hamlib code will do a band change before setting a frequency in the target band, this will recall the last used settings for some rig state in the same way that changing band on the rig front panel will. Could this be the explanation of what you are observing?

Mark Steele

In addition to my last email,

Once I transmit, the VFO A mode goes to CW, and the IFO mode goes to AMP1 - seems there are some crossed signals.

Mark

Mark Steele

Thanks Bill,

I was actually working the developer of this feature last week I believe  - we were testing some code changes to the RC3 code base and we saw the same behavior. The biggest issue is defaulting to VFO-B - the mode I can fix manually. VFO-B problems persist even after intervention.

I'd be happy to make my rig available for more remote diagnostics.

Mark Steele

OK - I've reloaded RC4.

When I switch bands in WSJT-X, the rig goes to the selected band, back to the original band, and then changes the mode to LSB.

If I change to USB, it seems to remember that when going back to that band.

When I select 6M, VFO B goes to 50.313 - VFO A switches to 20m but on the wrong frequency (seems to go to the FT4 frequency for 20 meter) and keeps making VFO B the selected VFO.

I can demonstrate this or I can make a short video if you prefer.

Bill Somerville

On 27/01/2021 13:55, Mark Steele wrote:
OK - I've reloaded RC4.

When I switch bands in WSJT-X, the rig goes to the selected band, back to the original band, and then changes the mode to LSB.

If I change to USB, it seems to remember that when going back to that band.

When I select 6M, VFO B goes to 50.313 - VFO A switches to 20m but on the wrong frequency (seems to go to the FT4 frequency for 20 meter) and keeps making VFO B the selected VFO.

I can demonstrate this or I can make a short video if you prefer.
Hi Mark,

you have not answered my question about which "Settings->Radio->Mode" option you have checked yet.

Mark Steele

Mode: None

That is the same mode I used for rc3, rc2 and 2.2.2 ga

Mark Steele

I changed it to USB and it now changes bands properly and keeps VFO A selected, however it does not select RX mode for VFO A, the RX light flashes and the waterfall is empty. I can manually select the RX button and then it starts receiving again, however I have to do that after every band change.

Reino Talarmo