Wsjtx rc4 not uploading spots #install

John Taylor

Hi, I’ve just installed rc4 after using rc3 and many previous versions on my old win7 laptop.
everything fine under rc3 but under rc4 it’s decoding fine but just not uploading spots anymore.
Not touched any settings, upload box checked etc. Any thoughts please?

Many thanks, John G8DYK

Bill Somerville

On 26/01/2021 23:33, John Taylor via groups.io wrote:

Hi, I’ve just installed rc4 after using rc3 and many previous versions on my old win7 laptop.
everything fine under rc3 but under rc4 it’s decoding fine but just not uploading spots anymore.
Not touched any settings, upload box checked etc. Any thoughts please?

Many thanks, John G8DYK
Hi John,

there should be no difference between WSJT-X v2.3.0 RC3 and RC4 with respect to WSPRnet spots. Has you anti-virus firewall decided to block traffic from WSJT-X?

John Taylor

Hello Bill, many thanks for your advice -“spot on” if you’ll pardon the pun! The Norton firewall grabbed the program
and excluded it. All fixed and working again. 73 John