#Mac Pwr Slider #macOS

Jim Bennett <w6jhb@...>

Bill - G4WJS - do any of the current RC versions of WSJT-X correct that issue of the Pwr slider acting wonky on #Big Sur / M1 machines? I’m currently using v2.2.2

Jim Bennett
Folsom, CA

K7TXA (ex W6JHB as of 1/22/2021)

Being retired doesn't mean I'm not part of the work force - just that I'm not forced to work!

Bill Somerville

On 26/01/2021 17:48, Jim Bennett via groups.io wrote:
Bill - G4WJS - do any of the current RC versions of WSJT-X correct that issue of the Pwr slider acting wonky on #Big Sur / M1 machines? I’m currently using v2.2.2

Jim Bennett

Hi Jim,

the issue you describe is not specific to M1 hardware, it applies to Big Sur macOS 11.x in general. The issue was in the Qt framework we use for cross platform portability and has been fixed since out WSJT-X v2.3.0 RC3 version.

Bill, you stated that it was resolved in RC3. I installed RC4 yesterday and it is still broken.

Jim / K7TXA

Bill Somerville

On 29/01/2021 02:23, James Bennett / K7TXA via groups.io wrote:
Bill, you stated that it was resolved in RC3. I installed RC4 yesterday and it is still broken.

Jim / K7TXA
Hi Jim,

it is working for me and others have reported the issue is resolved. Are you certain you are running the latest WSJT-X v2.3.0 RC4 version?

Randy Cook

MacBookAir, BigSur, IC-7300.
RC4 fixed the Slider issue

Thanks to the team.

--
Randy K6CRC

Hi Bill,
Yes, it is v2.3.0-rc4 on a Mac mini M1.

I see that it is working for K6CRC, but he is on another processor. I also saw that you posted a comment about reporting this to the QT folks. So I suppose there really IS a problem with it - perhaps limited to the M1 chip.
Anyway, not a huge problem - just annoying.

73, Jim / K7TXA

Bill Somerville

On 29/01/2021 17:41, James Bennett / K7TXA via groups.io wrote:
Hi Bill,
Yes, it is v2.3.0-rc4 on a Mac mini M1.

I see that it is working for K6CRC, but he is on another processor. I also saw that you posted a comment about reporting this to the QT folks. So I suppose there really IS a problem with it - perhaps limited to the M1 chip.
Anyway, not a huge problem - just annoying.

73, Jim / K7TXA
Jim,

the issue outstanding with the Qt developers is related to progress bars, not with slider controls.

https://wsjtx.groups.io/g/main/message/21289