rc4 install #install #wsjt-x-crashing

Jon Mills

Hi
For info :
just installed rc4. OS = Win 10 20H2 with latest updates. Hardware is intel i7 with 16Gb RAM.

I stopped rc3, installed RC4 and ran it. It seemed to be working ( WSPR RXonly - I am not TX at present). After around 4 minutes it just closed - no warnings, no messages. This happened several times. I think it coincided with a band hopping band change though difficult to judge ( I don't monitor all the "yellow" bands so I get some randomised non-changes as designed) . Nothing in the Windows Event logs.

I restarted the machine and since then all has been fine.

73
Jon

groups@...

On 26/01/2021 13:29, Jon Mills wrote:
Hi
For info :
just installed rc4. OS = Win 10 20H2 with latest updates. Hardware is intel i7 with 16Gb RAM.
I stopped rc3, installed RC4 and ran it. It seemed to be working ( WSPR RXonly - I am not TX at present). After around 4 minutes it just closed - no warnings, no messages. This happened several times. I think it coincided with a band hopping band change though difficult to judge ( I don't monitor all the "yellow" bands so I get some randomised non-changes as designed) . Nothing in the Windows Event logs.
I restarted the machine and since then all has been fine.
73
Jon
I've just installed 64 bit rc4 on a fresh Linux Mint 20.1 xfce installation with a Celeron processor.

This version seems to be working fine with band hopping here with 25% Tx.

73
Roger
G#4HZA