Topics

moderated no output power #mac

Earle Hancock <earleiphone@...>

Hello,
My problem is no output power, not for tune nor transmit.
My set up is:
MacBook Pro - Catalina 10.15.7
IC 7300
WSJT-x 2.0.1
USB Audio CODEC - CP2102 USB to UART Bridge controller

Help,
Earle W1IPN

Earle W1IPN

N8CVW

Hi Earle

try tracing/confirming that the transmit audio is present on the mic/data input to the radio

this should point the finger at either the pc audio setup, or radio (7300) issues

73,

Paul
N8CVW

On Jan 24, 2021, at 10:07 AM, Earle Hancock <earleiphone@...> wrote:

Hello,
My problem is no output power, not for tune nor transmit.
My set up is:
MacBook Pro - Catalina 10.15.7
IC 7300
WSJT-x 2.0.1
USB Audio CODEC - CP2102 USB to UART Bridge controller

Help,
Earle W1IPN

Earle W1IPN

Bill Somerville

On 24/01/2021 15:05, Earle Hancock wrote:
Hello,
My problem is no output power, not for tune nor transmit.
My set up is:
MacBook Pro - Catalina 10.15.7
IC 7300
WSJT-x 2.0.1
USB Audio CODEC - CP2102 USB to UART Bridge controller

Help,
Earle W1IPN

Hi Earle,

do you have the correct IC-7300 menu settings to route Tx audio from the USB connection (DATA MOD = USB)? Also ensure "Preferences->Radio->Mode" is "Data/Pkt" to put the rig into USB-DATA mode.

Earle Hancock <earleiphone@...>

Hi Bill and Paul,
Thank you for responding to my call for help. Unfortunately the condition of no power still persists.
At the risk of seeming a cry baby I do wish the developers would strive for easier installation rather than more features - it’s becoming bloat ware and still difficult to configure. OK off the soap box.

Earle W1IPN

On Jan 24, 2021, at 10:11, Bill Somerville <g4wjs@...> wrote:

On 24/01/2021 15:05, Earle Hancock wrote:
Hello,
My problem is no output power, not for tune nor transmit.
My set up is:
MacBook Pro - Catalina 10.15.7
IC 7300
WSJT-x 2.0.1
USB Audio CODEC - CP2102 USB to UART Bridge controller

Help,
Earle W1IPN

Hi Earle,

do you have the correct IC-7300 menu settings to route Tx audio from the USB connection (DATA MOD = USB)? Also ensure "Preferences->Radio->Mode" is "Data/Pkt" to put the rig into USB-DATA mode.

Earle W1IPN

N8CVW

Hi Earle

so just to keep it simple at first ...

do you have WSJTX audio  on your audio cable from the pc wsjtx audio out port meant to connect to the 990 mic/data ?

- if audio is somehow passed on a rig usb connection, then i don’t know how to validate that ... maybe at least look at the w10 sound settings and see if a meter is actively displaying audio ?

-i’d go with vox for the time being just to remove one potential problem ... unless you are seeing the 990 keying up from PTT (?)

On Jan 24, 2021, at 11:59 AM, Earle Hancock <earleiphone@...> wrote:

[...]

Earle,

you have to drag an drop one icon, set your callsign and grid, select the audio devices connected to your rig and you are done. A little bit more work telling WSJT-X about your rig for CAT control.

Exactly how do you propose this be made easier?

G4WjS.