No audio on double click to work a new station #FT8 #IssueReport #txaudio

David Stout

Forgive me if this has been asked before but I've never seen anything on the subject and none of my friends have this issue. I'm using a 7600, a Timewave Navigator and WSJT-X v2.22. OS is Win7 SP1 x64. Only once in awhile, when I double click on a new call in either the Band Activity or Rx Freq window the program/rig goes into XMIT but no audio. If I Halt Tx and either double click again or Enable Tx, audio resumes. My settings for Radio:

I've installed the latest Icom and Navigator USB drivers. Has anyone else encountered this?

Thanks
Dave

David AD4TJ

Happens to me frequently. The easiest thing to do is immediately hit Halt TX, then quickly hit Enable TX. For some reason, that revives the audio. Never have found a good reason that causes it.
David AD4TJ

David Stout

I had my eye on the Hamlib 7600 driver. May I ask what XCVR you're using?

Dave

neil_zampella

Could be that the USB sound device was put to sleep by the OS?    I'd do the usual checks, go into the Device Manager and check if any of the USB hubs and devices properties have the Power setting setup to allow the OS to turn off the device.    If so, disable that function.

Neil, KN3ILZ

On 1/16/2021 8:46 AM, David AD4TJ via groups.io wrote:
Happens to me frequently. The easiest thing to do is immediately hit Halt TX, then quickly hit Enable TX. For some reason, that revives the audio. Never have found a good reason that causes it.
David AD4TJ

David Stout

Thanks. That's been done for years.

Dave

Steve marsh (M0NMA)

David

i have a similar problem with my setup on an IC7300. All is working fine and then I notice that nobody is replying to me as although it goes into transmit, there is no audio.

I have found that exiting wsjt-x and restarting clears it but I will try the halt TX and restart approach to see if that helps.

The only cause I can find is that it seems to be RF related as it is triggered by higher power transmission. I was able to reproduce the problem on one occasion by dropping the power to below 30w. Higher than that and the audio vanished. Having said that I tried on other bands and it was OK. I went back to the original band and could not reproduce the problem. I think the lack of reproducibility is because I used an EFW through a CG-3000 atu and the tuning is probably slightly different each time depending on where I am in the band?

steve

David Stout

Steve

I was beginning to believe I had an isolated issue because none of my friends said they had it. Now I'm learning its not uncommon. I don't think I have RF in the shack. Mine acts ups regardless of power level. Currently, I suspect the PC drivers or perhaps the OS. Are you using Win7?

Dave