wsjtx worked and now it doesn't #install

Ed Oxer, W8EO

Hello wsjtx group,
Using an FT891 and win 10. Worked fine before I moved  rig to FL. Now can't see com ports in Device mgr. using signal link. setup works with digipan and fldigi.
can see codec under sound controllers device mgr in control panel.
Your thoughts?
Tnx and 73,
Ed W8EO

Martin G0HDB

On Thu, Jan 14, 2021 at 07:01 PM, Ed Oxer, W8EO wrote:
Hello wsjtx group,
Using an FT891 and win 10. Worked fine before I moved  rig to FL. Now can't see com ports in Device mgr. using signal link. setup works with digipan and fldigi.
can see codec under sound controllers device mgr in control panel.
Your thoughts?
Tnx and 73,
Ed W8EO
Hi Ed, the SignaLink (I'm assuming it's the USB-connected version) doesn't provide any COM ports, it's only an audio codec so you wouldn't expect to see any COM ports in Device Manager.  Do you have (or did you have) anything else connected between Win PC and the rig that provided a COM port?

--
Martin G0HDB

Bill Somerville

On 14/01/2021 19:01, Ed Oxer, W8EO wrote:
Hello wsjtx group,
Using an FT891 and win 10. Worked fine before I moved  rig to FL. Now can't see com ports in Device mgr. using signal link. setup works with digipan and fldigi.
can see codec under sound controllers device mgr in control panel.
Your thoughts?
Tnx and 73,
Ed W8EO
Hi Ed,

you will not see the virtual COM ports until you install the drivers for them and then plug in teh USB cable between you rig and PC.

ki5cey@...

Turn off the radio and unplug and replug in the radio. I've run into that before. They'll either disappear or they show but not work at all until I power cycle the radio and USB connection. Happens when the computer goes into screen saver or sleep mode on mine. Does it in Linux too. At least with me.