Topics

#mac #BugReport #FT8 #FT8 #BugReport #mac

glennmhdk

Edited

Thanks for providing wsjtx.

( I have used wsjtx-2.2.2-Darwin.dmg for a long time and it just works, thanks )

I have only been using FT8, and that is the only reason, that I have added the tag #FT8. I have not tested, if the following bugs are also present with other
protocols.

I have been using wsjtx-2.3.0-rc2-Darwin for some weeks, and it works, with two bugs. I did not recognize the bugs at first. I can not recall, if they were there right after the installation. A few times (10%?) the bugs do not show.

The first bug shows when I change to a new SW-band. I press "tune", my ATU tunes, I disable "tune", but often wsjt-x afterwards sends full signal
(power; LEDs in ATU LDG AT200proII), until the next FT8 protocol "pause".

The second bug also
shows after I have changed to a new band, but after ATU-tuning. The first time I press "activate tx", no signal (no power in ATU LEDs). After the first "activate tx", I have no problems in the band.

The two bugs are also present in the just released wsjtx-2.3.0-rc3-Darwin.

FYI:

MacOS 10.14.6 (18G7016)
MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2012)
Processor 2,3 GHz Intel Core i7
RAM 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
GPU Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB

$ sysctl -a | grep sysv.shm
kern.sysv.shmmax: 104857600
kern.sysv.shmmin: 1
kern.sysv.shmmni: 128
kern.sysv.shmseg: 32
kern.sysv.shmall: 25600
$

--
best regards,

Glenn, OZ1HFT

Kevin McQuiggin (VE7ZD/KN7Q)

I have the same issue with my Mac and KX3.

Bill, this seems to be the same problem that I reported to you in email ~3 days ago!

73,

Kevin VE7ZD

On Jan 9, 2021, at 01:54, glennmhdk <glenn.mh.dk@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks for providing wsjtx.

( I have used wsjtx-2.2.2-Darwin.dmg for a long time and it just works, thanks )

I have only been using FT8, and that is the only reason, that I have added the tag #FT8. I have not tested, if the following bugs are also present with other protocols.

I have been using wsjtx-2.3.0-rc2-Darwin for some weeks, and it works, with two bugs. I did not recognize the bugs at first. I can not recall, if they were there right after the installation. A few times (10%?) the bugs do not show.

The first bug shows when I change to a new SW-band. I press "tune", my ATU tunes, I disable "tune", but often wsjt-x afterwards sends full signal (no power; LEDs in ATU LDG AT200proII), until the next FT8 protocol "pause".