locked Grid Tracker

Austin 2E0MNV

Edited

Apologies if this is out of the scope of the forum, so I will take a slap on the hand if it is.  It's just I have a grid tracker question and I think someone must think I'm pulling their leg, because I've asked a few times now on the Grid Tracker group but no one has responded.

What does "New Hit" mean?  I genuinely do not know and I cannot seem to find the answer.  I mean Grid Tracker is great, but it keeps shouting "New Hit" and I really, genuinely, do not know what that means.  Anyone know?

Chuck - KY4CU

I am not looking at it right now so I may not get all (or any) of this correct.

Somewhere in the menu system (alerts?) there’s an option to shut that comment off. Also it may explain it in the menu. I can’t remember, but it probably just means it’s you’ve heard a new call sign.

Chuck Schultz
k4cay.chuck@...
256-525-7436

On Jan 2, 2021, at 12:49 PM, Austin 2E0MNV <avaughan585@...> wrote:

Apologies if this is out of the scope of the forum, so I will take a slap on the hand if it is. It's just I have a grid tracker question and I think the moderators of the grid tracker group think I'm pulling someone's leg, because my n00b question isn't getting past them when I tried to post a new topic.

What does "New Hit" mean? I genuinely do not know and I cannot seem to find the answer. I mean Grid Tracker is great, but it keeps shouting "New Hit" and I really, genuinely, do not know what that means. Anyone know?

Chuck - KY4CU

I forgot to mention that the comment is editable, too.

Chuck Schultz
k4cay.chuck@...
256-525-7436

On Jan 2, 2021, at 1:38 PM, Chuck - KY4CU via groups.io <k4cay.chuck@...> wrote:

[...]

John Morphet

I did answer this in the “Auto Uploading to LoTW and QRZ” thread. My answer was:

GridTracker identified a callsign on the air that you have not previously had a QSO with. The criteria for identification is based on the filtering criteria set up in GridTracker. If you don’t understand my answer, let me know and I will go into more detail. If you want to turn it off, look in the settings at the alert and call roster areas.

John, WØZI

www.w0zi.com