locked Grid Tracker

Austin 2E0MNV

Edited

Apologies if this is out of the scope of the forum, so I will take a slap on the hand if it is.  It's just I have a grid tracker question and I think someone must think I'm pulling their leg, because I've asked a few times now on the Grid Tracker group but no one has responded.

What does "New Hit" mean?  I genuinely do not know and I cannot seem to find the answer.  I mean Grid Tracker is great, but it keeps shouting "New Hit" and I really, genuinely, do not know what that means.  Anyone know?

Chuck - KY4CU

I am not looking at it right now so I may not get all (or any) of this correct.

Somewhere in the menu system (alerts?) there’s an option to shut that comment off. Also it may explain it in the menu. I can’t remember, but it probably just means it’s you’ve heard a new call sign.

Chuck Schultz
k4cay.chuck@...
256-525-7436

On Jan 2, 2021, at 12:49 PM, Austin 2E0MNV <avaughan585@...> wrote:

Apologies if this is out of the scope of the forum, so I will take a slap on the hand if it is. It's just I have a grid tracker question and I think the moderators of the grid tracker group think I'm pulling someone's leg, because my n00b question isn't getting past them when I tried to post a new topic.

What does "New Hit" mean? I genuinely do not know and I cannot seem to find the answer. I mean Grid Tracker is great, but it keeps shouting "New Hit" and I really, genuinely, do not know what that means. Anyone know?

Chuck - KY4CU

I forgot to mention that the comment is editable, too.

Chuck Schultz
k4cay.chuck@...
256-525-7436

On Jan 2, 2021, at 1:38 PM, Chuck - KY4CU via groups.io <k4cay.chuck@...> wrote:

I am not looking at it right now so I may not get all (or any) of this correct.

Somewhere in the menu system (alerts?) there’s an option to shut that comment off. Also it may explain it in the menu. I can’t remember, but it probably just means it’s you’ve heard a new call sign.

Chuck Schultz
k4cay.chuck@...
256-525-7436

On Jan 2, 2021, at 12:49 PM, Austin 2E0MNV <avaughan585@...> wrote:

Apologies if this is out of the scope of the forum, so I will take a slap on the hand if it is. It's just I have a grid tracker question and I think the moderators of the grid tracker group think I'm pulling someone's leg, because my n00b question isn't getting past them when I tried to post a new topic.

What does "New Hit" mean? I genuinely do not know and I cannot seem to find the answer. I mean Grid Tracker is great, but it keeps shouting "New Hit" and I really, genuinely, do not know what that means. Anyone know?

John Morphet

I did answer this in the “Auto Uploading to LoTW and QRZ” thread. My answer was:

GridTracker identified a callsign on the air that you have not previously had a QSO with. The criteria for identification is based on the filtering criteria set up in GridTracker. If you don’t understand my answer, let me know and I will go into more detail. If you want to turn it off, look in the settings at the alert and call roster areas.

John, WØZI

www.w0zi.com

From: main@WSJTX.groups.io <main@WSJTX.groups.io> On Behalf Of Austin 2E0MNV
Sent: Saturday, January 2, 2021 11:50 AM
To: main@WSJTX.groups.io
Subject: [WSJTX] Grid Tracker

[Edited Message Follows]

Apologies if this is out of the scope of the forum, so I will take a slap on the hand if it is.  It's just I have a grid tracker question and I think someone must think I'm pulling their leg, because I've asked a few times now on the Grid Tracker group but no one has responded.

What does "New Hit" mean?  I genuinely do not know and I cannot seem to find the answer.  I mean Grid Tracker is great, but it keeps shouting "New Hit" and I really, genuinely, do not know what that means.  Anyone know?

John Morphet

I went up to the computer in the radio shack and got more specific answers for you. The filtering I was talking about is at the top of Call Roster as shown below. If you need help on the filtering ask offline or in the GridTracker group.

You can get to settings by clicking on the gear in the main menu. Third row, far right. You can also mute all audio from GridTracker by clicking on the speaker icon (4th row, 2nd from right)

In settings, select “Call Roster” tab and disable “Audio Alert on New Wanted”.

John, WØZI

From: main@WSJTX.groups.io <main@WSJTX.groups.io> On Behalf Of John Morphet
Sent: Saturday, January 2, 2021 12:45 PM
Subject: Re: [WSJTX] Grid Tracker

I did answer this in the “Auto Uploading to LoTW and QRZ” thread. My answer was:

GridTracker identified a callsign on the air that you have not previously had a QSO with. The criteria for identification is based on the filtering criteria set up in GridTracker. If you don’t understand my answer, let me know and I will go into more detail. If you want to turn it off, look in the settings at the alert and call roster areas.

John, WØZI

www.w0zi.com

Sent: Saturday, January 2, 2021 11:50 AM
Subject: [WSJTX] Grid Tracker

[Edited Message Follows]

Austin 2E0MNV

Sorry if you already answered on the grid tracker forum. I must have missed the alert for it.  I understand, it's for a new callsign I've never worked before.  I tried to turn it off in call roster like you said, but after I did that, I didn't get any alerts for New DXCC either and I had to turn it back on.  Is it possible just to get alerts for new DXCC only and not every single station that I've never worked before?

John Morphet

Yes, use the call roster filters. Under “Wanted” select DXCC only.

John, WØZI

Sent: Saturday, January 2, 2021 2:15 PM
Subject: Re: [WSJTX] Grid Tracker

Sorry if you already answered on the grid tracker forum. I must have missed the alert for it.  I understand, it's for a new callsign I've never worked before.  I tried to turn it off in call roster like you said, but after I did that, I didn't get any alerts for New DXCC either and I had to turn it back on.  Is it possible just to get alerts for new DXCC only and not every single station that I've never worked before?

Herb Blue - WB8ASI

You can customize your Alerts on the Alerts Tab under the Settings (all except Counties), and chose which ones you want.  Turing on Audio Alerts under Settings>Call Roster will sound "New Hit" for anything you have identified as "Wanted".   In my own setup, I have this turned on so I can audio alert the Counties, and thus get "New Hit" for everything I have selected as "Wanted".  I just have to look see which field is highlighted to see which Alert(s) the "New Hit" was intended.  So you can either turn off what you don't Want, or customize in the Alerts Tab.  Good Luck and 73, Herb WB8ASI