locked Auto Sequencing Changed

Vin

Hello,

I’m using WSJT-X v2.3.0-rc2 (64-bit) and the auto sequence changed yesterday.  Prior to this change, the auto sequence was:

Calling CQ on FT8:

Tx6 (CQ)

Tx2 (Call MyCall report)

Tx5 (73)

Log QSO window pops up, I hit OK and the QSO is sent to my logging program and I enter some additional information in my logging program.

Now it’s:

Tx6 (CQ)

Tx2 (Call MyCall report)

Tx4 (RRR)

No Log QSO window pops up, I have to manually hit Tx5 or the Log QSO window will not open.

I have Auto Seq box checked (I did uncheck it, made a QSO, ran through the sequence manually and then checked Auto Seq again, called CQ, made a QSO but Tx4 came up, not Tx5.

It only happens if I call CQ, when I reply to a CQ, the sequence is fine.

I’ve reinstalled WSJT-X v2.3.0-rc2 (64-bit) twice, I reinstalled my logging program (just in case my logging program changed anything), I searched the archives but couldn’t find a similar post and I looked at section 7.3 Auto-Sequencing in the manual.

How do I go back to my original sequence of Tx6 > Tx2 > Tx5 when calling CQ?

Thank you,

Vin, 73

K1VC

Reino Talarmo

Hi Vin,

Perhaps my addition gives a hint what is happening, see inline.

73, Reino OH3mA

I’m using WSJT-X v2.3.0-rc2 (64-bit) and the auto sequence changed yesterday.  Prior to this change, the auto sequence was:

Calling CQ on FT8:

Tx6 (CQ)        You got report not QRA

Tx2 (Call MyCall report)   You got RR73

Tx5 (73)

Log QSO window pops up, I hit OK and the QSO is sent to my logging program and I enter some additional information in my logging program.

Now it’s:

Tx6 (CQ)        You got QRA

Tx2 (Call MyCall report)    You got R and report

Tx4 (RRR)      You have RRR meaning you wish to see 73 from the other station. If you had RR73 things change.

No Log QSO window pops up, I have to manually hit Tx5 or the Log QSO window will not open.

I have Auto Seq box checked (I did uncheck it, made a QSO, ran through the sequence manually and then checked Auto Seq again, called CQ, made a QSO but Tx4 came up, not Tx5.

It only happens if I call CQ, when I reply to a CQ, the sequence is fine.

I’ve reinstalled WSJT-X v2.3.0-rc2 (64-bit) twice, I reinstalled my logging program (just in case my logging program changed anything), I searched the archives but couldn’t find a similar post and I looked at section 7.3 Auto-Sequencing in the manual.

How do I go back to my original sequence of Tx6 > Tx2 > Tx5 when calling CQ?

Thank you,

Vin, 73

K1VC

Gary - AG0N

On Dec 31, 2020, at 08:22, Luca B <k1vc@...> wrote:

It only happens if I call CQ, when I reply to a CQ, the sequence is fine.
The logging window should only come up when you send one of the responses containing 73. 73 is the trigger as I understand it.

Gary - AG0N

Vin

Hi Gary,

The logging window no longer comes up because the Tx sequence has changed.

After calling CQ and receiving a report, the sequence 'used' to go to Tx5
sending the 73 and having the logging window open, allowing me to manually
send the contact to my logging program.

Now, after I receive my report, the sequence goes to Tx4 which is RRR. In
order for the logging window to open, I have to manually click on either
"Next" or "Tx5" to send the 73 after I receive my report.

I didn't change anything in WSJT-X v2.3.0-rc2 so I'm confused how the
sequence has changed without me changing a setting.

Vin, 73
K1VC

It only happens if I call CQ, when I reply to a CQ, the sequence is fine.
The logging window should only come up when you send one of the responses
containing 73. 73 is the trigger as I understand it.

Gary - AG0N

neil_zampella <neilz@...>

Vin,

it sounds like somehow you double clicked on the Tx4 radio button, which can switch from RR73 to RRR.  Double click there to switch back to RR73.

Neil, KN3ILZ

On 12/31/2020 12:31 PM, Vin wrote:

[...]

Karl Beckman WA8NVW - NNV5BH

Edited

VIN -
My install sends RR73 as the Tx4 message, and it terminates the automated contact sequence upon receiving 73 from my contact.
Are you sure you are using the messages preloaded into tab #1, rather than tab 2 or 3?
Whoops!  Apologies, I hadn't seen Neil's message just above mine.  Just click the Tx4 tab to switch back.

Karl  WA8NVW  OH
WA8NVW@...
in WSJTX@groups.io

Vin

Hello Karl and Neil,

That was it !!!!  THANK YOU !!!!!!  I double clicked on Tx4, it changed over to RR73 and now the log window opens after each QSO.

I have no idea how that changed unless I accidentally double clicked Tx4 during a QSO.

Again a HUGE thank you to you both!

HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!

Vin, 73

K1VC