locked Auto Uploading to LOTW and QRZ

Ronnie Hull - W5SUM

Good morning folks.  I did a quick search on this subject and I'm a bit confused.   I want to be able to upload my contacts to qrz logbook and lotw AS I LOG THEM.  Will WSJT-X do this? if so how do I set it up in settings?  don't assume I'm as smart as you LOL.. step by step is good

Or if not.. do I need additional software to do this?

thanks joe and gang for such a wonderful program I am having a ball

thanks and 73

Ronnie W5SUM

Bill Somerville

On 31/12/2020 13:14, Ronnie Hull wrote:
Good morning folks.  I did a quick search on this subject and I'm a bit confused.   I want to be able to upload my contacts to qrz logbook and lotw AS I LOG THEM.  Will WSJT-X do this? if so how do I set it up in settings?  don't assume I'm as smart as you LOL.. step by step is good

thanks and 73

Ronnie W5SUM
Hi Ronnie,

WSJT-X cannot do this directly, and nor should it. The normal reason for uploading to QSL services is to track and acquire confirmations of QSOs for awards and certificates across all modes of operation, this is outside of the scope of WSJT-X and should be the responsibility of your main station logging application which should be capable of maintaining the extra administrative records necessary to carry out these tasks. If the QRZ.COM logbok is your main station log then it should be able to upload and track confirmations in LoTW, if it can't do that, which I suspect is the case, then it is not fit for purpose as your main station log.

Bill
G4WJS.

John Morphet

Try GridTracker. It will upload your QSOs.

https://gridtracker.org/

John, WØZI

www.w0zi.com

From: main@WSJTX.groups.io <main@WSJTX.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ronnie Hull
Sent: Thursday, December 31, 2020 6:14 AM
To: main@WSJTX.groups.io
Subject: [WSJTX] Auto Uploading to LOTW and QRZ

thanks and 73

Ronnie W5SUM

Rob Kivell

Good morning, Ronnie

I use a DXKEEPER add on LogPublisher program that does exactly what your looking for. I use it with JTALERT. Once the contact is completed and logged into WSJTX and automatically sent to DXKEEPER , LogPublisher sends it QRZ AND HRDlognet. I then use QRZ to upload contacts to LOTW. I am not a contester or avid award chaser. So this works for me. You can try the program for free. Cost about 10 Euro. 

Rob kk4eun

On Dec 31, 2020, at 8:10 AM, John Morphet <jmorphet@...> wrote:

John, WØZI

www.w0zi.com

thanks and 73

Ronnie W5SUM

Ronnie Hull - W5SUM

Thanks Rob but no matter what I try 
JTALERT just won’t function for me. 
I gave up trying to make it work

Ron

On Dec 31, 2020, at 10:10 AM, Rob Kivell <kk4eun@...> wrote:

Good morning, Ronnie

I use a DXKEEPER add on LogPublisher program that does exactly what your looking for. I use it with JTALERT. Once the contact is completed and logged into WSJTX and automatically sent to DXKEEPER , LogPublisher sends it QRZ AND HRDlognet. I then use QRZ to upload contacts to LOTW. I am not a contester or avid award chaser. So this works for me. You can try the program for free. Cost about 10 Euro. 

Rob kk4eun

John, WØZI

www.w0zi.com

thanks and 73

Ronnie W5SUM

Austin 2E0MNV

I can vouch for Grid Tracker!  One thing though, I can't figure out why it keeps shouting New Hit at me. I do not know what New Hit means. It does help me spot new DXCC however and it logs directly to LOTW

Robert Bencsko

If you have this set in WSJTx, then JTAlert should work from a fresh install.  You'll want JTAlert it is a FANTASTIC add on

On 12/31/2020 8:15 AM Ronnie Hull <w5sum@...> wrote:

Ron

Good morning, Ronnie

Rob kk4eun

John, WØZI

www.w0zi.com

thanks and 73

Ronnie W5SUM

Bob Bencsko - W7AMC

Las Vegas, NV  DM26

Rob Kivell

Ronnie , LogPublisher will work with logging directly into DXKEEPER. I use it log mu SSB contacts in that manner.

Rob

Have you ask for help with JTALert users group

On Dec 31, 2020, at 10:21 AM, avaughan585@... wrote:

I can vouch for Grid Tracker! One thing though, I can't figure out why it keeps shouting New Hit at me. I do not know what New Hit means. It does help me spot new DXCC however and it logs directly to LOTW

John Morphet

Look in your settings. I am not in front of my HAM computer, so I can’t tell you exactly where to go. If you are using the alert tab there should be a setting to mute the sound. Same if you are using call roster, which if you are not using call roster, I would recommend that you do. It is a much better option than just the alert tab.

John, WØZI

www.w0zi.com

From: main@WSJTX.groups.io <main@WSJTX.groups.io> On Behalf Of avaughan585@...
Sent: Thursday, December 31, 2020 9:21 AM
Subject: Re: [WSJTX] Auto Uploading to LOTW and QRZ

I can vouch for Grid Tracker!  One thing though, I can't figure out why it keeps shouting New Hit at me. I do not know what New Hit means. It does help me spot new DXCC however and it logs directly to LOTW

Austin 2E0MNV

Do you know what "New Hit!" means?

Jeff Stillinger

While I understand and accept the projects policy.   I have some thoughts worth pondering.

I would agree that it is not WSJT-X's responsibility to upload into QSL CONFIRMATION Services.  Such as LoTW, eQSL, Clublog, HamQTH, HRDLog, etc...   These are not log books, they are confirmation services.  Housing very limited QSO data.

I would have to disagree with the policy when it comes to online LOGBOOK Services.  Such as QRZ (US) and QRZCQ (EU).  These are full service log books online.   Housing much more information than just the QSO it self, and they are linked to external confirmation services.  In short, doing it online instead of locally.

It's worth looking into and discussing.

--
DE KB6IBB

On 12/31/20 7:27 AM, Bill Somerville wrote:
On 31/12/2020 13:14, Ronnie Hull wrote:

thanks and 73

Ronnie W5SUM

Hi Ronnie,

WSJT-X cannot do this directly, and nor should it. The normal reason for uploading to QSL services is to track and acquire confirmations of QSOs for awards and certificates across all modes of operation, this is outside of the scope of WSJT-X and should be the responsibility of your main station logging application which should be capable of maintaining the extra administrative records necessary to carry out these tasks. If the QRZ.COM logbok is your main station log then it should be able to upload and track confirmations in LoTW, if it can't do that, which I suspect is the case, then it is not fit for purpose as your main station log.

Bill
G4WJS.

Bill Somerville

On 31/12/2020 17:26, Jeff Stillinger via groups.io wrote:
I would have to disagree with the policy when it comes to online LOGBOOK Services.  Such as QRZ (US) and QRZCQ (EU).  These are full service log books online.   Housing much more information than just the QSO it self, and they are linked to external confirmation services.  In short, doing it online instead of locally.
Hi Jeff,

unless QRZ or QRZCQ handle management of awards using eQSL and LoTW etc. then for you they do not seem to be a "full service log book". I was under the impression that these services have a rather narrower focus.

Bill
G4WJS.

Jeff Stillinger

On the contrary.   QRZ is a full service log book. 

Here is a screen shot of a logged QSO I made this morning and logged to QRZ.   Of course it contains everything for confirmation when I sync it to LoTW, but it also houses everything that CQR Log does.   Then some.

On 12/31/20 11:30 AM, Bill Somerville wrote:
On 31/12/2020 17:26, Jeff Stillinger via groups.io wrote:

Hi Jeff,

unless QRZ or QRZCQ handle management of awards using eQSL and LoTW etc. then for you they do not seem to be a "full service log book". I was under the impression that these services have a rather narrower focus.

Bill
G4WJS.

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comments below

Good morning, Ronnie

+ To be clear,

1. DXKeeper and the other components of the DXLab Suite are entirely free.

2. DXKeeper can submit QSOs to LoTW directly, either automatically as they are logged, or with two mouse clicks to submit all QSOs not yet submitted to LoTW.

Dave, AA6YQ

John Morphet

GridTracker identified a callsign on the air that you have not previously had a QSO with. The criteria for identification is based on the filtering criteria set up in GridTracker.

John, WØZI

www.w0zi.com

From: main@WSJTX.groups.io <main@WSJTX.groups.io> On Behalf Of avaughan585@...
Sent: Thursday, December 31, 2020 10:11 AM
Subject: Re: [WSJTX] Auto Uploading to LOTW and QRZ

Do you know what "New Hit!" means?

neil_zampella

Ron,

have you tried asking for assistance on the hamapp.groups.io list?     I also use JT-Alert, to DXKeeper, but I have DXKeeper upload to LoTW, QRZ, eQSL, and Clublog.

That said, you could use the other part of the DXLab's suite, Spotcollector, which will also interface with DXKeeper, which will then do the necessary uploads.

http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/GettingStartedwithK1JTModes

Neil

On 12/31/2020 10:15 AM, Ronnie Hull wrote:

Ron

Good morning, Ronnie

Rob kk4eun

John, WØZI

www.w0zi.com

thanks and 73

Ronnie W5SUM

Mike Koralewski K8VA

Ronnie... 
I think I understand what you want to do, and for me that would be a disaster. Logging the contact (or maybe a dozen or so) in wsjt-x then importing them into ACLog (My main, general and most important log, and of course I enable ACLog to back up automatically as well) first gives me a chance to review the contacts, add the addition info that I want to collect, AND then upload to LOTW, eQSL and Club log from ACLog.... Just a matter of clicking on the menu, and directing  the transfers....After a few minutes I request (from ACLog) that LOTW, EQSL,and Club log update my records in ACLog, to show if they were confirmed... (changes color of the record,, and updates the QSL sent and  received boxes) I use the same data set for all contacts,CW, Digital and occasional SSB. I see no advantage of immediately uploading to LOTW... But..... Maybe you do and that's OK... 
After that...I wander over to QRZ, update the data set there by selecting the update from LOTW selection on the settings tab.. 
I saw a post earlier on Grid Tracker.. I am trying to work with it, but for some reason can't get it to truly respond with the correct information it drags out of the other data reservoirs... Does not give me back the correct WAS, DXCC, CONTINENTS, GRIDS AND everything else... Must be a trick, a setting or configuration I am missing. I have not found where and how to select the date range for all the QSOs as of yet.... I have only been trying a couple of days... Next step is to search for, download and read the stinking instructions!! 
73 and HNY.. 

Mike K8VA, Trenton MI..... 

P. S. Will be operating from my Interlachen, Florida QTH, from Jan 5th to May 15..2021
My kids are taking care of my MI QTH... 
See you on the air soon... 

Mike Koralewski K8VA

Bill. 
It is much easier and more desirable to update QRZ FROM the data in LOTW.. There is a selection in the SETTINGS tab of the QRZ web page to exactly do that.. There is an Import/export of Adi AND Export to LOTW as well... But I think it's cleaner NOT to load an adi, and then update LOTW, or manually input QRZ.. 
Each one of us has thier own technique. 
73 HNY 
Mike K8VA 

Austin 2E0MNV

I also do this.  I update LOTW for every QSO when I make it, for any mode.  Then I sync with QRZ.com   I never enter any data into QRZ manually apart from database searches 

John Brock

I just opened N1MM and exported the ADIF file. Then Opened WSJTX and imported that file. Then uploaded from WSJTX to LoTW.
Seems to be working.
John
WA8US