locked Auto Uploading to LOTW and QRZ

Ronnie Hull - W5SUM

Good morning folks.  I did a quick search on this subject and I'm a bit confused.   I want to be able to upload my contacts to qrz logbook and lotw AS I LOG THEM.  Will WSJT-X do this? if so how do I set it up in settings?  don't assume I'm as smart as you LOL.. step by step is good

Or if not.. do I need additional software to do this?

thanks joe and gang for such a wonderful program I am having a ball

thanks and 73

Ronnie W5SUM

Bill Somerville

On 31/12/2020 13:14, Ronnie Hull wrote:
Good morning folks.  I did a quick search on this subject and I'm a bit confused.   I want to be able to upload my contacts to qrz logbook and lotw AS I LOG THEM.  Will WSJT-X do this? if so how do I set it up in settings?  don't assume I'm as smart as you LOL.. step by step is good

Or if not.. do I need additional software to do this?

thanks joe and gang for such a wonderful program I am having a ball

thanks and 73

Ronnie W5SUM
Hi Ronnie,

WSJT-X cannot do this directly, and nor should it. The normal reason for uploading to QSL services is to track and acquire confirmations of QSOs for awards and certificates across all modes of operation, this is outside of the scope of WSJT-X and should be the responsibility of your main station logging application which should be capable of maintaining the extra administrative records necessary to carry out these tasks. If the QRZ.COM logbok is your main station log then it should be able to upload and track confirmations in LoTW, if it can't do that, which I suspect is the case, then it is not fit for purpose as your main station log.

John Morphet

Try GridTracker. It will upload your QSOs.

https://gridtracker.org/

John, WØZI

www.w0zi.com

Good morning folks.  I did a quick search on this subject and I'm a bit confused.   I want to be able to upload my contacts to qrz logbook and lotw AS I LOG THEM.  Will WSJT-X do this? if so how do I set it up in settings?  don't assume I'm as smart as you LOL.. step by step is good

Or if not.. do I need additional software to do this?

thanks joe and gang for such a wonderful program I am having a ball

thanks and 73

Ronnie W5SUM

Rob Kivell

Good morning, Ronnie

I use a DXKEEPER add on LogPublisher program that does exactly what your looking for. I use it with JTALERT. Once the contact is completed and logged into WSJTX and automatically sent to DXKEEPER , LogPublisher sends it QRZ AND HRDlognet. I then use QRZ to upload contacts to LOTW. I am not a contester or avid award chaser. So this works for me. You can try the program for free. Cost about 10 Euro.

Rob kk4eun

On Dec 31, 2020, at 8:10 AM, John Morphet <jmorphet@...> wrote:

Try GridTracker. It will upload your QSOs.

https://gridtracker.org/

John, WØZI

www.w0zi.com

Good morning folks.  I did a quick search on this subject and I'm a bit confused.   I want to be able to upload my contacts to qrz logbook and lotw AS I LOG THEM.  Will WSJT-X do this? if so how do I set it up in settings?  don't assume I'm as smart as you LOL.. step by step is good

Or if not.. do I need additional software to do this?

thanks joe and gang for such a wonderful program I am having a ball

thanks and 73

Ronnie W5SUM

Ronnie Hull - W5SUM

Thanks Rob but no matter what I try
JTALERT just won’t function for me.
I gave up trying to make it work

Ron

On Dec 31, 2020, at 10:10 AM, Rob Kivell <kk4eun@...> wrote:

[...]

Austin 2E0MNV

I can vouch for Grid Tracker!  One thing though, I can't figure out why it keeps shouting New Hit at me. I do not know what New Hit means. It does help me spot new DXCC however and it logs directly to LOTW

Robert Bencsko

If you have this set in WSJTx, then JTAlert should work from a fresh install.  You'll want JTAlert it is a FANTASTIC add on

On 12/31/2020 8:15 AM Ronnie Hull <w5sum@...> wrote:

[...]

Bob Bencsko - W7AMC

Las Vegas, NV  DM26

Rob Kivell

Ronnie , LogPublisher will work with logging directly into DXKEEPER. I use it log mu SSB contacts in that manner.

Rob

Have you ask for help with JTALert users group

On Dec 31, 2020, at 10:21 AM, avaughan585@... wrote:

I can vouch for Grid Tracker! One thing though, I can't figure out why it keeps shouting New Hit at me. I do not know what New Hit means. It does help me spot new DXCC however and it logs directly to LOTW

John Morphet

Look in your settings. I am not in front of my HAM computer, so I can’t tell you exactly where to go. If you are using the alert tab there should be a setting to mute the sound. Same if you are using call roster, which if you are not using call roster, I would recommend that you do. It is a much better option than just the alert tab.

John, WØZI

www.w0zi.com