locked Band Activity Filtering and DXCC Names

chuckc192000@...

Edited

Hi there,

I'm returning to WSJT-X after being absent for about a year.  I have a couple of questions.  I think I know the answers to them but I thought I'd ask anyway:

  • Is there a way to filter the Band Activity window?  There are SO many US stations!  I already have WAS -- is there a way to filter those out (and Canada too while we're at it)?
  • WSJT-X is only showing the DXCC names for stations that are calling CQ.  I want to see the DXCC names no matter what they're doing.  Is there a way to change that?

Thanks!

--
Chuck, WB4UIH

john ni0k

Use GridTracker. Free!

-de John NI0K
https://www.qrz.com/db/NI0K

chuckc192000 via groups.io wrote on 12/22/2020 6:54 PM:

[Edited Message Follows]

Hi there,

I'm returning to WSJT-X after being absent for about a year.  I have a couple of questions.  I think I know the answers to them but I thought I'd ask anyway:

  • Is there a way to filter the Band Activity window?  There are SO many US stations!  I already have WAS -- is there a way to filter those out (and Canada too while we're at it)?
  • WSJT-X is only showing the DXCC names for stations that are calling CQ.  I want to see the DXCC names no matter what they're doing.  Is there a way to change that?

Thanks!

--
Chuck, WB4UIH

Dave Garber

I do believe jtalert can help with what you need.  Maybe check at out

On Tue., Dec. 22, 2020, 7:56 p.m. chuckc192000 via groups.io, <chuckc192000=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

Hi there,

I'm returning to WSJT-X after being absent for about a year.  I have a couple of questions.  I think I know the answers to them but I thought I'd ask anyway:

  • Is there a way to filter the Band Activity window?  There are SO many US stations!  I already have WAS -- is there a way to filter those out (and Canada too while we're at it)?
  • WSJT-X is only showing the DXCC names for stations that are calling CQ.  I want to see the DXCC names no matter what they're doing.  Is there a way to change that?

Thanks!

--
Chuck, WB4UIH

neil_zampella

That's not going to FILTER the band activity window in WSJT-X.  It will give him a utility and another screen that will do what he wants, but its not going to filter anything in WSJT-X.    Just saying  .. use THIS UTILITY without giving context doesn't help.

The answer to the original question is, no,  there's no available filtering of the decode window in WSJT-X other than showing CQ stations only.    As far as showing DXCC on non-CQ stations, it can't do that.   Again, third-party utilities will do that for you.

Neil, KN3ILZ

On Tue, Dec 22, 2020 at 08:12 PM, neil_zampella wrote:

That's not going to FILTER the band activity window in WSJT-X.  It will give him a utility and another screen that will do what he wants, but its not going to filter anything in WSJT-X.    Just saying  .. use THIS UTILITY without giving context doesn't help.

The answer to the original question is, no,  there's no available filtering of the decode window in WSJT-X other than showing CQ stations only.    As far as showing DXCC on non-CQ stations, it can't do that.   Again, third-party utilities will do that for you.

Neil, KN3ILZ

Thanks for the info!  I was afraid that was the case but I wanted to make sure there weren't creative ways to use Colors to do filtering.  Only showing DXCC names on CQ calls seems overly restrictive -- you can also call someone who is sending their final 73.  I may take a crack at modifying the source code to remove that restriction.  I do use GridTracker -- I may just rely on that instead.

--
Chuck, WB4UIH

chuckc192000@...

For what it's worth, I did manage to modify the wsjt-x source code locally to display the DXCC name for all band activity, not just the stations calling CQ.  I also changed the CQ color highlighting to include stations that are sending their final RR73, RRR, or RR73.  And I replaced the "CQ only" button with a "No K/VE" button.  When checked, the bazillion US and Canadian stations are filtered out of the band activity display.

--
Chuck, WB4UIH