Bad GUI with wrong button-, field- and font sizes #install #linux

Reiner DH9FAX

Hi,

I was running WSJTX on Linux without issues some month. Now I've set up a new PC with Fedora Linux 33/64bit and use XFCE as window manager. On my old computer the GUI window of WSJTX was looking very good. After my first installation of version 2.2.2 on the new PC, about 2 hours ago, it was also looking god, but had issues with transmitting. So I've removed that, installed 2.2.1 and this was adding libusb as a missing dependency. With this version I could transmit, but the buttons and fonts were bad. So I upgraded again to 2.2.2 and now this one can transmit. Very good, but GUI is looking bad. The buttons are too big and elements are different, e.g. the up/down arrows on tx and rx fields in the middle changed from tiny small up/down arrows ind big +/- buttons. Due to this you can't see the tx and rx frequency. The selectors 1, 2 and 3 beside the CQ, dB, 73 etc. fields changed from nice little triangles to simple 1, 2, 3 rectangles. Any idea what went wrong on my computer? I've attached two pictures from old and new installation.

73,
Reiner DH9FAX

Bill Somerville

On 14/12/2020 20:02, Reiner DH9FAX wrote:
[...]

Hi Richard,

you may have to drag the WSJT-X main window wider to see all the control values. If that doesn't work try starting WSJT-x with the Qt fusion style:

wsjtx -style fusion

Reiner DH9FAX

Hi Bill,

That helped and the GUI is now looking good. But now it's not transmitting anymore. I try to figure it out, and if I don't find a solution, I will open a new topic here.

73
Reiner DH9FAX