locked Intermittent choppy TX audio on macOS Big Sur (11.0.1)

Ross Wardrup

Hi all,

I'm having an issue with choppy audio on TX using WSJT-X 2.2.2 (build 0d9b96) on macOS Big Sur (11.0.1). The issue is intermittent and typically happens once every half hour or so. Sometimes, it'll occur on multiple transmission cycles in a row.

This is on a fresh install of the OS with no additional kernel extensions installed. Using the built-in USB audio device support to drive my IC-7300.

I've captured an error message in the console: HALC_ProxyIOContext::IOWorkLoop: skipping cycle due to overload.

Any ideas what could be causing this?

Ross Wardrup

Edited