From: main@WSJTX.groups.io [mailto:main@WSJTX.groups.io] On Behalf Of Ed W2LCQ via groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, October 21, 2020 6:41 PM
To: main@WSJTX.groups.io
Subject: [WSJTX] Waterfall completely blank

Im suddenly not  seeing anything on my waterfall. Never saw this happen before. Im seenig decodes on the band activty side and the RX side of windows appear normall. Can someone tell me what I need to do to get the waterfall working again? Thanks a lot.

Ed Jones W2LCQ

Ed W2LCQ

Thanks Al that was the clue I needed. I reduced the IC 7300 RF gain to 40 dB on the Receiving bar graph and the waterfall was restored. The problem seemed to happen by itself. It’s fixed now  Thanks for your quick reply to my post

All best, Ed

73 de W2LCQ, Ed Jones

Frankford Radio Club
B.U.G. 204 - TBDXC 1337 - CWops 701 (Life) - SKCC 5474T - FISTS 12294 - QCWA 33438 - LICWC 51 - ARRL - New York County (Manhattan) FN30AT

Most certainly, some planets are not inhabited, but others are, and among these there must exist life under all conditions and phases of development.”Nicola Tesla

On Oct 21, 2020, at 9:49 PM, Al Rusnak via groups.io <arusnak@...> wrote:

Ed:

Maybe it is not “not seeing anything”, but instead a very strong signal or your waterfall gain and/or zero is set extremely high.  The color of red usually indicates a “strong” signal.

Al

Im suddenly not  seeing anything on my waterfall. Never saw this happen before. Im seenig decodes on the band activty side and the RX side of windows appear normall. Can someone tell me what I need to do to get the waterfall working again? Thanks a lot.

Ed Jones W2LCQ

<image001.png>

Bob McGraw - K4TAX <rmcgraw@...>

From your screen capture, it appears that your waterfall zero slider and waterfall gain slider are too far to the right.   Mine run about the 3rd bar from the left of the scale.   The RF Gain on the radio should be near max and the audio gain in the Windows application needs to be reduced.