locked Small enhancement request

Jim Leder \(Hotmail\)

It would be nice to have a main screen button to do the F4 function: clear DX call, DX grid and TX msgs. Or at least a way to assign a new main screen button to this function key. Just a suggestion.
Thanks for a great product!

Bill Somerville

On 21/10/2020 15:07, Jim Leder \(Hotmail\) wrote:
It would be nice to have a main screen button to do the F4 function: clear DX call, DX grid and TX msgs. Or at least a way to assign a new main screen button to this function key. Just a suggestion.
Thanks for a great product!
Hi Jim,

ESC

Jim Leder \(Hotmail\)

Hello Bill,

I know ESC and F4 does this function, but it would be nice to have a on screen button to do it. Not a big deal, but SEEMS simple enough to implement.

Thanks!

73 ... Jim K8CXM

Bill Somerville

On 21/10/2020 16:27, Jim Leder \(Hotmail\) wrote:
Hello Bill,

I know ESC and F4 does this function, but it would be nice to have a on screen button to do it. Not a big deal, but SEEMS simple enough to implement.

Thanks!

73 ... Jim K8CXM
Hi Jim,

F4 and ESC are not quite the same, ESC abandons the current QSO as well.

Why do you need a button? I ask because simply double-clicking a decoded standard message will set up for a new QSO partner. What is gained by blanking out the old messages? Note also the "Settings->Reporting->Clear DX call and grid after logging" also clears the DX Call, Grid, and generated messages when you press the OK button to log a QSO.

Jim Leder \(Hotmail\)

Too often I call someone and they don't answer. I move frequency and go to call CQ and when I get no answers, i realize i haven't cleared the TX messages and i am still calling the other station. I often operate 'lights out' in the shack to keep the XYL happy, and fumbling around in the dark for either the ESC or F4 key can cause the room light to go on. Stupid, I know, but I only put this forward as a small enhancement suggestion.
I use a small Acer laptop, not a separate keyboard. The laptop sits in a spot that makes it difficult to access the keyboard. Access via the MOUSE sure would make it easier.
 I use WSJTX 2.2.2 about 90% of the time, but I have toyed with the "other" product. I find WSJTX superior in almost all areas. But, what the other guy does offer is a CLEAR DX button.
I don't expect something like this to be implemented, but it certainly would be nice.

73 ... Jim K8CXM

Jim Leder \(Hotmail\)

Best reason I can come up with is: nice to be able to do the ESC or F4 function via a mouse click.

73 ... Jim K8CXM

JTAlert Support (VK3AMA)

On 22/10/2020 3:02 am, Jim Leder \(Hotmail\) wrote:
Access via the MOUSE sure would make it easier
My 2cents, I agree.
90% of my time behind the PC, even when writing code is mouse driven, rarely touching the physical keyboard, even to the point where I often have an onscreen-keyboard visible and issue keystrokes via it.

With respect to the clearing the DXCall and Grid, rather than a new dedicated button, perhaps a double-click on the unused "DX Call" label. No extra UI real-estate needed for an additional button.

de Laurie VK3AMA

Sam Birnbaum

Hi Jim

When calling CQ you are not calling or working anyone. Tx6 is active. All the other fields do not have any affect at all. They just contain who you either worked or attempted to work.

73

Sam W2JDB

[...]

Tony Collett

Why would you need a button to duplicate ESC/F4?
You just need to select the TX6 message before you call CQ, surely if you can't remember to do that you will also forget to click on the escape button.....

No additional button or programming required, its already there!

73
Tony G4NBS